GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just joined the forum, I have a Black/Red abs and loving it, best thing I have ridden since my GSXR 1000 K5, (which I would still have kept if it hadn't got nicked when we went to Assen last year for the MotoGp).

A few mods done -
Racefit exhaust, man it is loud
Remap, now a shade under 159bhp
Tail tidy
LED indicators and relay
R&G radiator guard
R&G frame sliders
Pillion seat cowl
Fly screen
Removed rear footrests and fitted mountings for SW Motech panniers

still deciding what to do about the wheels and levers

Enjoy your Gsxs1000's guys they are great

Zak

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome!

That's not your bike on YouTube at hilltop motorcycles is it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

yeah that's my bike, done a couple thousand mile since then, now its settled down its been back on a dyno and shows increase of another four and a half bhp

makes me smile every time I ride it

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did you take it back to Geoff, or just run it up on a different dyno?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
different dyno, down here in the southwest

·
Registered
593 Posts
Good to know you got pretty much the same on two different dynos. I've had mine remapped by Geoff and have been very happy with the results, but like everything I don't fully understand, I'm always curious to independently verify :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome. This is a great place to spend some time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Removed rear footrests and fitted mountings for SW Motech panniers
Hey, Zak. I'd love to see how you mounted w/ SW Motech "frame" without the rear foot rests. Can you take a quick pic or two?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just bolted the mounts to the original footrest mounting holes Gregg, will try to upload a couple pics later

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SW motech panniers

I've uploaded a couple pics Gregg, The motech panniers are usually bike specific but I had a set for a GSR750 and got them to fit by taking them apart and reassembling them backwards and upsidedown, Am happy with the way they now fit

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers BanditBrent, What part of Devon you in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've uploaded a couple pics Gregg, The motech panniers are usually bike specific but I had a set for a GSR750 and got them to fit by taking them apart and reassembling them backwards and upsidedown, Am happy with the way they now fit
Thanks for posting, Zak. Will likely pick up a set once the US distributor brings the GSXS-specific one in and really don't see a need to keep the passenger pegs on the bike.

Did you need to use any spacers or supply your own shorter bolts (since I assume the stock ones are too long for just the Blaze bracket)?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Used the standard bolts from the passenger pegs with a M10 nut as a spacer to bring the bracket off the frame the right distance Gregg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Used the standard bolts from the passenger pegs with a M10 nut as a spacer to bring the bracket off the frame the right distance Gregg
Perfect. Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts