GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a GSX S1000f back in September 2015 and was interested to hear what other owners of the bike liked or disliked about the bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There are several people who have complained about things regarding the bike, that in my opinion, are more about the complainers experience with high performance motorcycle and less about the faults of the motorcycle. In other words the common complaints that you will find, are all subjective as far as i am concerned. Me, personally, I have not one bad thing to say about the bike. I have the naked abs, and the bike is perfect for the street. I have a 2016 ZX10R that is for the track. Never miss the zx10 on the rode when i'm on the gsx-s1000. That is how good it is to me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There are several people who have complained about things regarding the bike, that in my opinion, are more about the complainers experience with high performance motorcycle and less about the faults of the motorcycle. In other words the common complaints that you will find, are all subjective as far as i am concerned. Me, personally, I have not one bad thing to say about the bike. I have the naked abs, and the bike is perfect for the street. I have a 2016 ZX10R that is for the track. Never miss the zx10 on the rode when i'm on the gsx-s1000. That is how good it is to me.
Subjective to what? I've ridden 3 gsxs, one was totally unridable, mine is snatchy and the other was silk smooth. It depends which one you get

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
brave statement there dood. I have dyno proof of poor fueling and corroboration from the tech from a road test.... defo not subjective

gawd, even the salesperson said up front it has a snatchy throttle so take it easy accelerating while cranked over...

Also read any number of proper (actually ridden the bike) tests in motorcycle mags.

Congrats on getting a good one, or for being oblivious to the fueling issues :nerd:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I purchased a GSX S1000f back in September 2015 and was interested to hear what other owners of the bike liked or disliked about the bike.
Welcome to the forum

Have had a GSX S1000F for 5 weeks now. Love everything about it except for the fueling below 4,000 rpm. The good thing is it can be fixed and it then becomes a great bike, and still for less $$ than the next cheapest competitor the MT10.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You guys need to ride a +15 R1 in A mode or a FZ-09 in A mode or a 2016 ZX10R in Power 1 mode or a Aprilia RSV4 in power 1 mode. Try driving one of those bikes around real slow under 4,000 rpms. Get back on your gsx-s and be amazed at how smooth it really is, relatively speaking. I have ridden 3 gsx-s and the tech has rode mine and the other three, no issues other than a bit snatchy when driving around in first gear in stop and go traffic. But we both race and have raced 300 cc, 600cc, and 1000cc motorcycles in several different classes. Do you see where I am going with this? Sure your bike may have less than optimal fueling, but if you have experienced the worst of the worst, the gsx-s is not all that bad. Is it perfect smooth fueling, no? But what bike is? That is all I was trying to convey.

And why did everyone assume and focus in about the throttle complaints? What about the "buzz" complaints? Or the "vibration" complaints? Or the "it has a "gixxer" motor why doesn't it make the same power" complaints? Or the "the stock suspension is crap, it doesn't handle as well as my super bike does" complaints? The only complaint i have is the tire suck. But that is subjective also. The tires might be just fine if you are simply commuting or taking turns at a moderate pace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts