GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all from Milano, Italy.
I have always had a passion for motorcycles. the first one was in 1979 .
Then I never stopped. Laverda, Morini 3 1/2, Guzzi 850 LeMans, Ducati 900 MH replica,Kawasaki gpz750, Yamaha Rd 500, Tdr 250 and fazer 600, and now, Suzuki gsxs1000!
I totalized about 400.000 Km and I always personally supervised the maintenance of my motorbikes.

I'm happy with my new bike but not completely.
Two problems to solve: Snatchy throttle and excessive noise.
I hope to find the solution with you all here!

All the best,
Andy

·
Registered
189 Posts

All the best,
Andy
Welcome Andy. You will certainly find a lot of good, fact and experience-based advice here as well as a lot of opinions. Good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have always had a passion for motorcycles. the first one was in 1979 .
Then I never stopped. Laverda, Morini 3 1/2, Guzzi 850 LeMans, Ducati 900 MH replica,Kawasaki gpz750, Yamaha Rd 500, Tdr 250 and fazer 600, and now, Suzuki gsxs1000!
I totalized about 400.000 Km and I always personally supervised the maintenance of my motorbikes.

All the best,
Andy
Welcome!

Just out of curiosity have you ever heard or dealt with a company named EM Lineamoto aka Evo Motion?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ciao Andy,
benvenuto nel forum da Michele di Ferrara.

Tanta invidia per il tuo ex RD500!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Two problems to solve: Snatchy throttle and excessive noise
Hey Andy. Congrats on the bike!

Snatchy throttle mainly exists since Suzuki wanted to make sure they pass emissions. Solutions (not guaranteed but pretty good)
- power commander v - with a good map - recommended solution.
- reflash ecu - preffer not to... PCV can always be taken off
- adjust cable to reduce slack - not recommended since it can self-rev when turning the bars all the way if done wrong

As for the noise thats something you should love not try to eliminate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the noise thats something you should love not try to eliminate.
Hi, the sound is great but... damaged my ears after a long ride.
I measured about 115dbA.
Too much.

Now I am looking for a helmet who leaves the noise as far as possible from my ears.

·
Registered
974 Posts

All the best,
Andy
I have often mentioned it here but at some point the threads get moved to the second page and may not get seen but a throttle tamer will fix your snatchy throttle, or a cheaper alternative is to buy a second hand one or after market one and slot it slightly to work like the throttle tamer which is what I have just done so it only works for about the first 5-10% percent so the snatch is gone and I can hold speeds up to 100km per hour even over bumps and from then on the power feeling is back, you can slot your original but one day you may want it back to new but honestly once you experience how good It is you will never go back as it then rides so smooth especially gear changes as there is more control and it just involves twisting your wrist just a touch more

·
Registered
430 Posts
Now I am looking for a helmet who leaves the noise as far as possible from my ears.
Altho it can be dangerous if youre not careful (i have really good hearing) I recommend looking into ear plugs. They dont cancel all sound out but just lower the volume. I can still hear everything but at lower note so its not damaging to the ear. I commuted for ears (i meant that typo) and have been a lot more relaxed when riding with plugs on longer rides especially at highways speeds where the ear drums will get damaged.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have often mentioned it here but at some point the threads get moved to the second page and may not get seen but a throttle tamer will fix your snatchy throttle, or a cheaper alternative is to buy a second hand one or after market one and slot it slightly to work like the throttle tamer which is what I have just done so it only works for about the first 5-10% percent so the snatch is gone and I can hold speeds up to 100km per hour even over bumps and from then on the power feeling is back, you can slot your original but one day you may want it back to new but honestly once you experience how good It is you will never go back as it then rides so smooth especially gear changes as there is more control and it just involves twisting your wrist just a touch more
Thanks, it's an interesting product but in my case the problem is influenced by traction control settigns and by extern temperature.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Altho it can be dangerous if youre not careful (i have really good hearing) I recommend looking into ear plugs. They dont cancel all sound out but just lower the volume. I can still hear everything but at lower note so its not damaging to the ear. I commuted for ears (i meant that typo) and have been a lot more relaxed when riding with plugs on longer rides especially at highways speeds where the ear drums will get damaged.
thanks,
I just adopted this solution but I'm not sure it's legal...
which kind of ear plugs do you use?

·
Registered
328 Posts
welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts