GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

been living in New Zeelund :D for last 8 years and picked up my 2018 GSX-S1000 ZA (Blacked out ABS version) couple of weeks ago ... second hand with 3,000km on the clock!

Owned a GSR 750 (from new) for 4 years previous to that, and was commuting every day to work whether sun or rain (plenty rain in the NZ winter), but luckily no snow where I live in Auckland :)! Loved that bike and it never gave me a day's worth of problem for it's 56,000 km when I sold it. I bet it will easily do another 56k.

I will be commuting on the new beastie every day again, but I'm a little concerned by my over eager right wrist. With the (new) amount of power on tap, I seem to be having way too much fun on my morning and evening run!

The law here take a rather dim view of speeding (unsurprising I guess), so that could end up costing me a few bob in fines, not too mention my fuel mileage and tire life - guess you only live once! At least lane splitting is legal here, so that makes the commute in very worthwhile and and saves me tens of hours of commute time every month - Thank-you Suzuki!!

Already seen loads of posts that I have found useful, and will be doing the TPS "fix" as soon as I can get a Kawasaki lead delivered here to the (beeeutifuul) end of the earth.

Cheers for now.
Alberto:x

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Welcome Alberto! I commute most days for 3 seasons, and I have a stretch of freeway that begs to be ripped on a daily basis.
A man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.
>:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, fello kiwi living in Rotovegas... You made a good choice with the gsxs1000 it's a very good do it all bike.

Cheers
Vaughan

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi and welcome alberto, i have had mine for near three years, a great all round bike, i also have trouble with legal speeds, i reccomend the adaptive radar detecter, saved my license many times..oh the visual alert makes it even better

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome and many happy miles!

I visited NZ about 10 years ago and picked up a costly ticket in the Toyota rental for only a few KMs over the posted limit. On a lonely road no less outside Rotorua, so they do take their speed enforcement seriously. I wondered if there are areas to 'stretch your legs a bit' on a fast bike or powered up Holden? How do folks keep from avoid the police with such strict enforcement? On a side note, NZ Police make it very easy for foreigners to pay the fine with many convenient options. LOL.

I did manage to rent a VStrom 1000 for a day in Queenstown...beautiful riding area.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome and many happy miles!

I visited NZ about 10 years ago and picked up a costly ticket in the Toyota rental for only a few KMs over the posted limit. On a lonely road no less outside Rotorua, so they do take their speed enforcement seriously. I wondered if there are areas to 'stretch your legs a bit' on a fast bike or powered up Holden? How do folks keep from avoid the police with such strict enforcement? On a side note, NZ Police make it very easy for foreigners to pay the fine with many convenient options. LOL.

I did manage to rent a VStrom 1000 for a day in Queenstown...beautiful riding area.

You've just got to know where it's safe to speed. Cops hardly ever venture off the state highways, and the state highways are **** riding anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts