GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Hi from the Wirral

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Beaker 
#1 ·
A quick hi to everyone, a quick bit about myself.

I'm from the Wirral, UK (between Chester and Liverpool), have been riding for more years than I care to mention.

Chopped in my old ZX9r for the GSX a couple of months ago.

Have done a couple of thousand on it since March, and have been loving every moment of it.

My usual stomping ground is North/Mid Wales and occasionally up to Hoares in Yorks or the Cat and Fiddle run to Matlock.

Keep safe everyone,

Cheers

#3 ·
Welcome dude, congrats on the new bike but did you go naked or clothed ?? :) I'm on the wirral too and can usually be found in N. / mid Wales myself. Have fun..

#4 ·
ZX9, underrated, definitely, did a couple of European trips on it never any issues keeping up with more modern kit. Took a demo GSX out and loved the package as a whole, handling, engine, riding position etc.
Will be taking the GSX to Austria in a few weeks time with three lads on a S1000R, Z1000 and a Gixer 750, should be fun.

#5 ·
Naked mate, have bought a small screen for the Euro trip, that'll be straight off when I return.

#9 ·
Hi Titters, not last week, haven't been to the Tap in ages, keep meaning to go down, heard that Ray from SRT and his wife now run it. It still rammed with bikes in the evening?

#10 ·
Hi Sandyman, maybe, work in Knutsford and use (abuse) flexitime to go and play on the backroads.

Often head to the Ponderosa for a cooked breakfast at the weekend, nice quiet roads between 8 and 9

#11 ·
Welcome aboard:)
I've not done an Austrian trip for about six years. It was great though, also popped down into Slovenia, that was lovely too.
Anyway, I digress. You should get about 200 miles per tank on your journey between fill ups 180ish for more spirited riding:)
Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.