GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

41 years old, first bike last year, a wonderful full fairing SV650S 2014.
Hungry for a bit more power, I would love to drive a GSXR but here Quebec/Canada, annual fees for a SuperSport is 1600$ and will become 2000 within the next 2y.
The only sport/touring bike that makes me fell like my SV is the Ducati Supersport but I'm a bit scared about maintenance fees on italian bikes. So looking for the GSX-S1000F. I just don't like the big handlebar and wonder how I could make the bike more tuck positioned. Hope to find answers here :)
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look good at the reason why you pay that much money... Its probably related at power output like here in Belgium.... anything above 75kW and you pay a bunch of taxes.
If thats the case you could be lucky since Suzuki makes a gsx-s1000 ecu with only 106HP output <<I have one :( >>

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
hi, enjoyed my sv650 more than its power output should deliver, i also am considering lowering my handle bar, im thinking of getting the std top tree remachined to lower it by around 20mm, ive seen that someone found a flat drag bar that lowered it too much, as it then jammed his hand against the tank, he then fitted 20mm riser that raised it just enough.
im not after a racer crouch anymore, but its a little too upright for me, i like the wide bars as it enables it to be flicked on its side with little effort, i beleive it was a snowmobile bar he found..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts