GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , from the south of england & I maybe getting a GSX-S 1k :D, I'm excited about this & have overlooked this as I was distracted by the Z1k :laugh:( sweet ride ) & MT-10:eek: (beast) . . . . this is so under the radar ; very interested

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely plan too! I've heard a lot about the Snatchy throttle but even though I'm no expert I'm fairly,savvy with mechanics & this can surely be sorted with the throttle play(s)

ridden the z1 & the mt10, the mt10 is a bit overkill to be honest , apparently a "detuned" r1....definitely isn't detuned 😂

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know what you mean, I was also pretty much set on an MT-09 until I saw a GSXS1000 next to it at the dealer. Did a bunch of research and thought the Suzook was the better bike for the money. An extra 30+ HP is hard to overlook plus better brakes and handling. Its heavier than the MT-09 but has a solid feel and is super stable at speed. I also did not like the offset instrument panel on the MT-09 or the more upright seating position. Suzuki really nailed the ergonomics for this type of bike and rider.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome.

Go for it, it is a great bike. Yes throttle can be a bit snatchy thanks to EU regs, and the rear shock isn't fantastic but it is still a blast to ride.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Go for it. Blue & Naked is best.;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i went to a dealer today , sat on the bike & spoke to a sales guy he was very helpful (even though he was the Yamaha rep) &told me that they have it as a demo but the weather is awful today so , maybe another time.

I'm in a bit of a messy situation with my z900 and the dealer I purchased it from so whether I can get a new bike or not isn't garunteed & could drag out for long

I'm sold on the suzuki though , every YouTube motovlogger i follow has raved about this machine

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome.

Go for it, it is a great bike. Yes throttle can be a bit snatchy thanks to EU regs, and the rear shock isn't fantastic but it is still a blast to ride.

Well Nitron & Wilbers can sort the suspension (HyperPro , K-Tech , Bibuto ; many options)
PCV can sort the throttle & do alot more (always worthwhile)

Hopefully I can sort this awesome machine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts