GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken the bike out to see what the HID is like. Thoughts so fare is that it isn't throwing light as far down the road due to the shield on the filament but the road you do see is like riding under one of those new LED street lights every thing is so much clearer.

I was super easy to fit in fact it took longer to sort out where every thing was going to go in the small space behind the single light on the naked with a little bit of moving there cables around it was a nice snug fit and nothing moves around.

Need to see what it is like on longer rides in the dark now not that i have to commute in the middle of the night now...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I,v used hids for some time now in my bikes but always felt that they ran too hot!
A contradiction I know as they use less power than a std halogen and produce more light.
The beam pattern you get seams to vary from one bulb manufacturer to another.
I am a little worried about fitting one to my naked gsx because the volume within the reflector housing is smaller than on my previous bikes and the top of the reflector is cut so that there is a shelf above the light source which I am wary may overheat and melt?
Any suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts