GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found myself accidentally switching the high beam switch on recently on clutch changes(mostly on fast changes)

I think i have three options to resolve this.

1) Remove the plastic pin that locates the control switch to the handle bar and slide it inwards. (control switch might spin on handle bar)

2) Drill another hole in the handlebar and move the control switch inwards. (handle bar will be weakened with two holes bored so close to each other)

3) Cut about five mill off the end of the high beam/pass lever and reprofile it.(my preferred method)

Any of you guys had the same problem and how did you resolve it?

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
You could try rolling the bar a little, either forwards or backwards, and then re-adjust the clutch lever position ( not forgetting to do the brake aswell ).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could try rolling the bar a little, either forwards or backwards, and then re-adjust the clutch lever position ( not forgetting to do the brake aswell ).
I did adjust the bars a little forward to give a better riding position(for me)

I also moved the clutch lever inward about ten mill but i found my hand kept looking for the sweet spot on the lever which was nearer the switch.

sweet spot !!!!!!! now if i move the clutch lever outward as far as i can the sweet spot on the lever will be further away from the switch.

Bike is tucked away for the night will have a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have found myself accidentally switching the high beam switch on recently on clutch changes(mostly on fast changes)

I think i have three options to resolve this.

1) Remove the plastic pin that locates the control switch to the handle bar and slide it inwards. (control switch might spin on handle bar)

2) Drill another hole in the handlebar and move the control switch inwards. (handle bar will be weakened with two holes bored so close to each other)

3) Cut about five mill off the end of the high beam/pass lever and reprofile it.(my preferred method)

Any of you guys had the same problem and how did you resolve it?
I get the same problem. Not so often now as I am used to it but still sometimes. I don't think the system is ideal but I can live with it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Get aftermarket levers so that you are more comfortably gripping the end of the lever?

Haven't touched my highbeam/pass switch since i bought the bike (got the levers put on before i took delivery of the bike. Had it waiting at the shop for 3 weeks waiting for the **** yoshi slipon).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts