GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm impressed that the engine temp stayed dead steady in the middle of the gauge the whole time.

I've also often wondered how effective our oil cooler is at WOT. I wish our bike had an oil temp gauge, I would've liked to see how steady the oil temp was during that run.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did it again last week and it was better, must have been conditions on the day. Have to agree the video guy is a nutter, filtering and hard shoulder at 140+ is not my kind of thing (these days)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did it again last week and it was better, must have been conditions on the day. Have to agree the video guy is a nutter, filtering and hard shoulder at 140+ is not my kind of thing (these days)
Would have gone even faster had he not geared it low "see his reply to busyguy925 on the YT page". In any case, the bike does look planted and fairly stable (no vibrations).

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have the naked version shifted about 12kg from the bike & I hit 160mph & only saw 9k on the rev bar , could if hit more but backed off & changed the front sprocket a few days later 😁 no interest in smashing that speed I'm due to go up 1 at the rear before the years out as it maxes out at 155mph which is still ridiculous & I'm happy to have even more acceleration

my pals fz1n has a 15tooth sprocket & it moves off the line so fast he pissed on a BMW s1000rr upto about 130 & then we watched the beamer disappear 😂

this 10% disparity with the speedo is interesting , i don't believe it but I don't know for sure

21 - 24 of 24 Posts