GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
That exhaust you posted a link to is not a complete Holeshot exhaust. The header of that setup is a Arrow header, and the pipe attached is a Holeshot slip-on muffler.

As for the Dale Walker "tuner". That tuner is actually made by a man named Mark Dobeck.

In case you do not know Mark Dobeck. Mark Dobeck, founder of Dynojet, the same person who introduced the jet kit and the inertia dynamometer, formed a new company called Techlusion in 1997. The focus of the company was to develop a controller as a fuel solution for EFI vehicles which was believed to be the future of all powersport vehicles. The company started in Las Vegas, Nevada, but was moved to Belgrade, Montana in 2003.

Here is a link to a Dobeck fuel controller (ONLY ADJUSTS FUEL) for our motorcycles. Suzuki GSX-S 1000 - Dobeck Performance Products: EFI Controllers, AFR Gauge

Reactions: DenverYZF

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why it linked the exhaust, but thanks for the brief history lesson. It sounds like a reliable product from a reputable company, but it doesn't answer my question on how well it performs in comparsion to a power commander or flash tune.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had one on an sv 650. Its similar to a power commander, just less money and easier to work with. You only had three screws instead of every cell, and every rpm to deal with.

It worked fine, but a power commander is better (more common/better) just because everyone else uses powercommander. Way easier to trade maps if we both have a PCV. Otherwise, it was a very good product.

Back then, it would only add fuel. That part was not great as bikes run rich at some points and need less fuel. That looks as if its different now and it will remove fuel, too.

I would double check to make sure you can remove fuel, too. Many think the bikes run lean, everywhere, and that is not true.

Assuming you can add and subtract fuel, Id go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts