GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...Just got the bike and you know the first thing to go is the rear fender...After you remove the stock fender and install the fender eliminator there are 2 holes remaining in the undertail...One of them I pushed my plate light and turn signal wires thru but there's still a big hole as well as another one...What are you guys doing to prevent water from entering thru these holes? Thanks for your input

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is that a universal fit fender eliminator?
I personally would cut out a piece of alloy and bolt it between the tail tidy and bike
for the rear one just some duct tape. The hole where wires are inserted is not visible at all is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it's a universal fender eliminator from my dealership...I looked online and could only find the Yoshi fender eliminator...Didn't think to ask you guys first...Yes the hole with wires isn't visible to anyone but water flinging off the rear tire

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man I wish I saw that earlier...Do you have a link for those grommets or what store can I find them at?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rubber grommet can be found at Sebos, ace hardware, lowes or any local stores that has bolts and electrical, fred meyer, automotive stores or any store with building materials, since i dont know your location im speaking for the US.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Made something out of thin polycarbonate sheet and sprayed it black. Small bit of silicone to seal around the cables that go through the small round hole and the job's a good'un.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where can I find those rectangle and the square grommets? My Lowe's and Advance Auto only had circle grommets

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes it's a universal fender eliminator from my dealership...I looked online and could only find the Yoshi fender eliminator...Didn't think to ask you guys first...Yes the hole with wires isn't visible to anyone but water flinging off the rear tire
I just installed my Yosh eliminator. I do have the hole where the wires ran into the fender, but like the others said i'm off to find a grommet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts