GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I swear by my Holeshot Stage 2 Bandit 1250. He will put in the time on the dyno, that is for sure. Some amazing things can be done by flashing ECUs also. It's good to have options.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Latest dyno results are in and some interesting comments at the end about the throttle being too quick and its not just a fueling problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just feel the first vid is misleading about the afr.
I believe this is the effect you get when you don't have a stable sample.
But people will believe what they want to.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just feel the first vid is misleading about the afr.
I believe this is the effect you get when you don't have a stable sample.
But people will believe what they want to.
I don't wish to be rude but how do you know better?

He seams like a very genuine tuner who made every effort not to over inflate anything, could quite easily have shown a 22bhp increase

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Latest video

http://youtu.be/BDGfT3zLsJw

He must have TC set to 3 cause mine would have the front wheel facing the sky at 7k in first gear and it's hard to keep it down
You can still hear that on/off throttle very evident, some bikes must be way worse than others as my bike is not as bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tonyt

·
Registered
305 Posts
Latest video

http://youtu.be/BDGfT3zLsJw

He must have TC set to 3 cause mine would have the front wheel facing the sky at 7k in first gear and it's hard to keep it down
You can still hear that on/off throttle very evident, some bikes must be way worse than others as my bike is not as bad
He is starting from almost idle, giving it throttle.
Not at all the same as "whacking it" from 7k.
*Big* difference.
Even my widowmaker (TLS) behaved the same when "giving it" from idle (well a tad over.. it is a twin).
And he's still running with stock gearing.

More on topic:
It seems like most good tuners get's around the 155-160HP mark on this engine with headers, can, filter, airbox mod (and fueling of course).

·
Registered
974 Posts
He is starting from almost idle, giving it throttle.

Not at all the same as "whacking it" from 7k.

*Big* difference.

Even my widowmaker (TLS) behaved the same when "giving it" from idle (well a tad over.. it is a twin).

And he's still running with stock gearing.

More on topic:

It seems like most good tuners get's around the 155-160HP mark on this engine with headers, can, filter, airbox mod (and fueling of course).

I guess as our bikes all have different fuelling characteristics they must react different with power, if I take off from idle and give it a hand full of throttle like he has the front feels light till it hits 7k then lifts high without any further actions, if the weather wasn't so crap I would video it :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I guess as our bikes all have different fuelling characteristics they must react different with power, if I take off from idle and give it a hand full of throttle like he has the front feels light till it hits 7k then lifts high without any further actions, if the weather wasn't so crap I would video it :)
Is this with stock gearing?
What's your weight? ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Stock gearing and 76kg

·
Registered
974 Posts
Aaahhhh, now we're talking.

So you are a fit middleweight...