GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a ‘18 1000, and it appears completely stock. Each time I rode it after buying it the engine light came on. In disgust I took it to the dealer, and after checking the bike, found the tuner and removed it (I still have it) my question is there a user’s guide available anywhere? I’ve ordered a K&N, and will be changing the mid pipe and muffler soon, and have no clue how to use the tuner. I’m never available during their business hours, so I hoped to find a manual of some sort to reference. Thanks
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is holeshot brand. The engine light went off after removing the tuner. I had planned to send it off for tuning as I made the changes, then found out it had this tuner with it. Still will probably send it for tuning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went for a ride earlier and the cel reilluminated. C45 which is the same code as the first two times. I’m going to disassemble the bike and check connections, K&N already on the way, so it’ll be apart to install. What I’ve read is it is a possible iac issue, so I’ll check it. It came on after I goosed it to get through a yellow light, which as I think back is when it came on the last two times; after it quickly accelerating to merge or get out of the way of a bad driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So to update in case anyone runs into the same issue. I found 2 things when I had the bike apart. Previous owner Installed a K&N, and the shop left the O2 simulator plugged in after removing the tuner. I removed the simulator, and rode for a while. The light went off after riding a while and I stopped for a break, and never came back on. So when I change the exhaust I will send the computer off for reflash, and will be selling the holeshot cheap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With dealing with only being able to ride the bike twice and having it back at the dealer I never had to opportunity to pull the tank. When it came on yet again, I decided I’d figure it out since they couldn’t. When I asked if it had any aftermarket parts, they assured me it was stock, so I took their word for it. I’ve already cancelled the filter, so no loss. There is a dynojet tuner shop in town, I plan to just send my ecm to Dan when I have my parts in for install. That way I know what’s been done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts