GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guys here have their bikes, and there have been sporadic reports (Roy...thanks for yours) of the bike in "real owner" hands...but not enough. I know mine's coming and will be here soon. If you own this bike and have spent some real time with it...are you still as enthusiastic about it as you were when you were waiting for it? Why or why not?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
well. not the most enthusiastic at the moment due to bag situation.......... the dealership said they are going to try to get the cylinder out and correct the issue.

I have 350 miles on mine, and its been a hoot. I used cruise control for a few minutes yesterday to try it out. never used it before, worked fine, I turned it off. she's comfortable. can't wait to hit 600 miles get a oil change, and 400 more miles and toss in Amsoil.

the stock windshield is still good to me, ride quality is there. no real complaints.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well I will have a good report soon as I'm riding from my home Victoria BC to Ontario in July....total there in back will be over 10,000kms (6500-7000 miles)....should give me a good idea how I like the bike....lol

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have been working a lot so my mileage is basically the same 2600 miles as a few weeks ago. Hopefully this work thing will level out soon and I can go riding. It is hot here now and we are in the middle of a heat wave so riding in gear is quite miserable with 60% humidity and 95+ air temps. It does not even cool off at night. My spare time when not working lately has been pool side with my favorite cold beverage in hand.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Once all the plastic fasteners and few screws are out it is one pull grommet pin on side then slide rearward to unlock the hooks at the front on both sides right side has the coolant hose attached only other item left side does not have. Both have the plastic pin on inside of fairing up top where fork tubes go down through the opening. Signal wire is attached to both sides.

·
Registered
117 Posts
At 801 miles, still loving it as much as mile 1. I want to ride more but I've been busy servicing then selling my CBR650F (goodbye, friend... you've been good to me) and the temps have been rising so I'm not looking to go on long rides as much until fall.
Right before the GT's first service I had a tapping noise for about 3 seconds after starting it (warm), then once, after first service, it tapped again upon cold startup for about a second. That concerns me quite a bit, but I haven't noticed it any other time. I'll keep an ear on it. Aside from that...
It's comfortable, nimble, powerful, and luxurious. So far it's happily done whatever I want it to depending on however I've felt like riding.
I'm loving how it willingly falls into corners and holds a line without effort, yet feels smooth and stable on the super slab.
I'm not supposed to see north of 8500 rpm yet so I'll need to wait a bit longer to give my thoughts on that.
The quickshifting seemed to get smoother after the first service. It wasn't bad before, but I think it's even more buttery now. I frikin' love that feature. Necessary? Of course not. Enjoyable? Absolutely! Cruise control too, though I haven't used it much yet (break in).
As with most others, I find the throttle to be peachy in mode B. The dash is great and I love having all the info available.
The stock windscreen size is perfect for me at 5'8". I have the touring windscreen to pick up but that will be for the colder months (along with the heated grips).
It's only fair to give downsides, right? Other than the (IMO minor) things that we've heard 1000 times, hmm...
The 3 hour ride home from the dealer had my butt aching a bit, but since then on rides up to 90 minutes it's felt nothing but comfortable. TBD if it'll get better on long rides.
The GSX-R trans gearing isn't the perfect fit for this bike. First gear is a bit taller than I'd like, and 6th gear is way too short. 5th and 6th are nearly identical. If I can cruise at 30mph and pass cars with no effort on the highway at any time and any speed, all in 6th gear, then I need a taller 6th. It would save gas, vibe less (not that it bothers me, but it does others), and prolong engine life. Zack Courts said similar to this as well, but I don't recall hearing it from others. It's not a horrible issue, it's just that it could definitely be better. There's not much else bad in my mind. This thing is awesome.

Edit: There I go again. 🙄 Anyone think that's too wordy for most?

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
224 Posts
I think for what it cost and what it offers, it's really tough to beat. The ONLY competition would be the N1K, but I for one am sick of black. I prefer the display, looks, color, and power of this bike more. I rode it this past weekend a few hundred miles in the twisties around Little Switzerland NC. It/I did fairly well. I did encounter my first flat tire ever since 1992 (off and on riding). My Syktik TPMS system for $50 was worth every penny! I gotta figure out how to actually use my Stop N Go kit. We used the string style plugs and it blew two out, so I ended up having to buy a Roadsport 2 in 190/55/17 (which is the size I wanted from the factory anyway). That just so happened to be the only brand/model they had at this great little shop in Boone NC call Action Cycle Sports. They were a major big help! I ended up riding on home from Boone instead of staying another night with my crazy riding buddies. The cruise control worked flawlessly, evening going down a steep mountain. My complaints would be the absolute lack of feel and initial bite from the front brake during aggressive riding and how quiet it is. I have EBC HH pads to install and will see what they do. I want a little better wind protection, so I'm waiting for Puig to release a smoked shield. Seriously considering CS Racing full exhaust, I like the low slung style. Not sure I can have a regular style slip on with the bags on. Waiting for Chris Moore to be able to tune it first.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mines back to tapping off the right side near the cam chain tensioner location on cold start up. I thought it was loud until I cranked my 21 GSXR 1000R with VVT and it sounds worse like a train wreck not worried anymore just pin it!

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F, __ 2022 GSX-S1000GT
81 Posts
It follows the bike, so if bike shows up today 2 weeks later bags are there

that’s how almost everyone has posted including my own experience
No I mean from when they’re ordered. The background is that Suzuki Australia cancelled the option to buy the GT+ A couple of months ago. I had a GT+ ordered and they told me I either had to change to a GT or cancel the order. There’s still no option to buy the GT+ or buy the panniers separately on the Suzuki Australia site. So, i guess I’m trying to gauge if they’re getting easier to get which might imply they’ll start selling them in Australia again.

It really sucks we seem to be the only country that’s had the option completely taken away. And it makes no sense because the travelling distances here are often so much larger than other countries.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts