GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

Registered
If you pull in the clutch does the sound change?
No change with clutch pulled in.

It's frustrating that it only does it for 5 or so seconds... not even enough time to get my helmet off and listen closer. I'll try to warm it up fully, ride back home, leave idling, pull helmet/ear plugs, shut off, then restart while listening for it.
When I got home from Saturday's ride I had forgotten about it, but I shut off the bike in the driveway to go in and get my gear off (was getting hot), then came back out and started it to pull it in the garage... it didn't do it then.

Registered
No change with clutch pulled in.

It's frustrating that it only does it for 5 or so seconds... not even enough time to get my helmet off and listen closer. I'll try to warm it up fully, ride back home, leave idling, pull helmet/ear plugs, shut off, then restart while listening for it.
When I got home from Saturday's ride I had forgotten about it, but I shut off the bike in the driveway to go in and get my gear off (was getting hot), then came back out and started it to pull it in the garage... it didn't do it then.
is it just a part that doesn't have oil on it, and gets oil once bike gets turned on? could be the hot oil rolls off til bike is turned back on.

I will listen for it this week, as I just swapped to full synthetic tonight. watch me now have that noise lol

Registered
Mine does not do it every start up hot or cold just sometimes on a hot start. It is more the taptaptaptap noise like Symmetry described his doing. I just don't focus on it anymore. It is something cam chain tensioner related though. I've heard this before and I have had the noise before that Captain posted the video of on other Suzuki's all GSXRs. Which is not the same as the GT is making.

Registered
If you're saying you need to hand over lots of money to Suzuki to get decent service from them, my response would be that's a lousy way to do business. Even a first-time buyer should get the royal treatment from Suzuki, which isn't what I'm hearing. The tight supply issue, plus inflation is making it a seller's market right now for manufacturers, but before they get too complacent, it would be wise of them to realize that all in nature is balance...and the economic scales are headed for a major re-balancing over the next 2 years. Let's see what happens to corporate greed and complacency then...;)
nah not in any way they just seem to take care of me along the path or unguided path I guess. They used to be way better as far as customer service goes but have become like all other company's now, crappy at best.

Registered
First ride since oil change, yesterday me and gf and panniers we got 42mpg average over 4 hours

I did oil change to synthetic after, just rode and clocking 46-47mpg by myself. I did jump onto highway going 120 and low behold trooper was there, but I slowed down and he didn鈥檛 move

butt pucker

Registered
I average 42-43 highest I see ever unless it鈥檚 very mixed riding over a long trip. On that trip I got 44 average. Imo it doesn鈥檛 get that good a fuel mileage compared to my last sport tourer 2020 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT triple it rarely went below 50 mpg. It didn鈥檛 have sport bike gearing and 150 hp Sportbike engine either. Wasn鈥檛 a slow dog with 115 hp and 20 lbs lighter than the zuki.

Registered
I am pretty sure I have that tick you guys are talking about

wonder if it鈥檚 because I changed the oil, or if it鈥檚 because it鈥檚 super hot and sat for a few idk. I went to cycle gear for 10 mins came out and heard the noise. It was definitely ticking clacking or whatever you call it then went away shortly.

Registered
Yea that鈥檚 it. It鈥檚 not a valve. It鈥檚 1/2 rate speed of crank speed so it鈥檚 cam chain tensioner related which Suzuki prides themselves in this latest version of it added to the new GSX bikes. I think it鈥檚 a pos myself. Kinda like the ones that were noisey on a couple of my last GSXRs.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts