GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
In answer to questions, better overall protection from wind, and a noticeable buffeting reduction. I don't often sit at sustained higher speeds than 110-120. Sure the bike goes much faster, but how often do you hold it at those high speeds? I recently switched back to do some back to back testing, as I installed it a week after purchasing the bike. Will keep updates coming

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking to change my screen for a tinted one I'm not interested in changing the airflow as I'm happy with what the stock screen does. The 2017/18 GSXS-f screen looks perfect for what I'm after but I'm struggling to get a price from the dealer on one. Has anyone done this change and have an idea on price/availability?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'm looking to change my screen for a tinted one I'm not interested in changing the airflow as I'm happy with what the stock screen does. The 2017/18 GSXS-f screen looks perfect for what I'm after but I'm struggling to get a price from the dealer on one. Has anyone done this change and have an idea on price/availability?
This one from ebay is darn close to stock and is a bargain.

Here it is on my bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
This one from ebay is darn close to stock and is a bargain.

Here it is on my bike...
Hey mate I got the same exact screen from the same seller on eBay.
Very happy with it, however I thought it was going to be a bit darker (the picture on eBay appears darker). Even though it's only a light smoke it is "just right" for functionality and looks IMO.....
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Hey mate I got the same exact screen from the same seller on eBay.
Very happy with it, however I thought it was going to be a bit darker (the picture on eBay appears darker). Even though it's only a light smoke it is "just right" for functionality and looks IMO.....
Jeffro ;)
I think I've seen it in a few different tints from other sellers at very close to the same price.
I like the medium tint though, but at that price maybe I'll get a darker one to try too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like to do things backwards.
I thought I wanted a bike with fairings since I'd always had nakeds- so I bought an F. It didn't take me long to hate the screen, So i bought a black screen and chopped it down.
Yup theres more buffeting. But I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
61 - 68 of 68 Posts