GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies, if this has been asked before but was curious as to how many of us "older" riders also own a Hayabusa. I still love riding the big girl but after time on the GSX-S1000, its become a secondary bike.

Reactions: Dai

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a Hayabusa when they first came out. I didn't like it. It was great for long straight shots on the highway but boring to ride in every other situation. It's a gigantic overweight useless pig of a sportbike, and I couldn't even call it a tourer because it had low clip-ons. It was more boring than a Harley to ride because at least I can sit at a light and sound bad ass on a Harley and smoke a cigar and listen to tunes. I think the Busa is a bike with no purpose. I kept it only for about 6 months and traded it in.

That's just my opinion though, a lot of guys love them.

Reactions: madmartin and Beaky

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm only 24 and still have one,used to own a 2012 limited edition before it got written off[Not our fault]. This motorcycle will never leave my stable regardless if it becomes rarely used,perfect all round bike which i can't fault. I done 53,000km's in 22 months from touring all over the place,unfortunately i can't see that being feasible on this machine as its a naked and the distance in tank range difference is outstanding.

I personally believe both of these motorcycles own their respective categories.

Hayabusa - 430km's
GSX-S - 300km's

Attachments

Reactions: ramairglenn

·
Registered
974 Posts
My wife wanted me to buy one instead of the GSXS cause it looked tougher and more comfortable for her to pillion, I said no not for the 5% of riding she does with me, now with the new bike she does about 2% , mission accomplished :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a new 2008 Gen2 in Feb 2009 and it now has 41,000Kms on the odo. Previous bike was a Speed Triple which I loved, but the group I rode with rode in all weathers and at speeds which were uncomfortable on a naked. The Hayabusa is a very competent bike but I miss the fun factor of the Speed Triple.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hayabusa sold today and GSX S1000F in Red/Black should be here next month. 7 years of ownership have past so quickly - will I keep the GSX S for as long?

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I came off a 12 zx14r with lots of mods. It was super fast and smooth but overall pretty boring comparatively. I love communting on the gsx much better. If i want to go touring, ill buy a harley or something.

·
Registered
2016 GSXs 1000FA, 2014 Concours 14
83 Posts
I own 2 04 busa's and mutt land speed bike that im building, I also owned a 2013 that was stolen last Oct. I replaced the 13 with a Kawisaki Concours.
Now today we sold the woman's, Yamaha FZ6r ,and pulled the plug on a GSX-S1000F ABS.
Quite a jump, but she is ready for it!
Should have the bike by Wednesday, and ill post pics then.
Let the mods begin,, only because ,, STOCK SUCKS!! Amway's room for improvement!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts