GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one were to buy a naked and had to ride it 2 hours home on interstate in cold weather, one might wish for a windscreen. If a screen were purchased in advance, how much trouble and about how long would it take to install at the dealer, and would this be practical? For example, do you have to drill mounting holes? I haven't looked at a specific screen, assuming they would mostly all mount in a similar way.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If one were to buy a naked and had to ride it 2 hours home on interstate in cold weather, one might wish for a windscreen. If a screen were purchased in advance, how much trouble and about how long would it take to install at the dealer, and would this be practical? For example, do you have to drill mounting holes? I haven't looked at a specific screen, assuming they would mostly all mount in a similar way.
just buy the fast one the f job done :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Install took me lees than an hour...taking my time enjoying music in the background. I did have to drill two holes, there are circle outlines in the plastic to get the holes just right.

YOSHIMURA : Wind Armor NK Screen [522-196-1000]

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've not got a screen yet as I'm still pondering 8 months later but most require drilling, the only one I know doesn't need drilling is the powerbronze, it clamps to the bars

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought the F, and got it locally so no long interstate ride home. And it was 70 degrees, so it all worked out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just put on MRA Racing screen to my naked and the install took 15 minutes at most with no drilling. Wind noise is a bit more with the screen, but it is only noticeable above 70-80. Still, seems like a worthwhile mod because of the reduced wind pressure to the chest and the helmet

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just put on MRA Racing screen to my naked and the install took 15 minutes at most with no drilling. Wind noise is a bit more with the screen, but it is only noticeable above 70-80. Still, seems like a worthwhile mod because of the reduced wind pressure to the chest and the helmet
What color did you get? The "smoke" looks two-toned (dark on bottom and clear at the top). I did not want the two-tone version but wasn't sure if it was clear vs smoke.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What color did you get? The "smoke" looks two-toned (dark on bottom and clear at the top). I did not want the two-tone version but wasn't sure if it was clear vs smoke.
I got the clear one. It's still two-tone, I am guessing all their colors have the darkened bottom. But the dark part doesn't seem to obstruct the view much, if at all. It also comes with the optional edge protector...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts