GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I try to ride just about every day. Usually at least 3 times a week. I bounce back and forth between the CBR500R and the GSX.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pretty much everyday. I ride to work and then once or twice on the weekend. Because I live in Queensland Australia, I can ride year round.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I try to ride just about every day. Usually at least 3 times a week. I bounce back and forth between the CBR500R and the GSX.
Do you ride the CBR for the economy or are there things about it your prefer to the S1000? I had a CBR500R as my first bike... with the less than stellar brakes, suspension and power and lesser comfort I couldn't bring myself to ride it with a GSX-S1000 in my garage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a cargo rack on my 500, so I use it for work where I have to carry equipment around. The range is a lot further than the GSX as well, so that's nice for work riding. I changed the rear shock out for a GSXR750 shock, the front is still a bit soft but for normal commuting it's fine. It's definitely not as comfortable and of course way less power, and I've actually got a thread open on CBR500riders regarding fixing the brakes because yeah they suck. I don't really want to put a cargo rack on my S1000, so I mostly save it for doing pleasure riding or running errands for stuff I can fit in a backpack.

·
Registered
381 Posts
...a motorcycle is not an all weather vehicle. . I avoid as much as possible getting them wet.
I used to ride my GSXR everyday, rain or shine, back in CA.

Nowadays, I'm lucky if I can ride on the weekend. I haven't been on a ride in the past month. Very depressing. Will remedy that this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts