GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VFR1200 was restricted to 60% power in the first 3 gears (2 in usa and canada) and had a top speed limiter in 5th and 6th, I had my ecu flashed by Don Guhl to remove these and add a PC-V fuel map and raise the rev limit by 500rpm. After the flash and decat it was like a friggin missile !
So How is the GSXS restricted ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
My guess , ECU flash with fuel corrections on a dyno 5-10 HP, remove the exhaust restrictions and air box mods with ECU flash and dyno 10-15 HP, that's only my approximations
Apparently the timing is restricted in the first 4 gears but just removing that alone I would not think does much at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I read about the first 4 gears, and the ecu flash top speed run shows a higher speed , so top speed limiter exists to I presume.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yeah I read about the first 4 gears, and the ecu flash top speed run shows a higher speed , so top speed limiter exists to I presume.
On the standard ECU the ignition timing is retarded below WOT on the first 3 gears - more so in 1st gear than 2 and 3. The ignition Map is identical on gears 4,5 and 6.

Above 11,000 RPM in 6th gear the ECU close the STP 50% to restrict the top speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts