GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’ll be honest, but I really do miss the stock sewing machine whine of my stock exhaust. It all went after I took out the stock system completely and installed aftermarket full exhaust which is basically free flow larger diameter.

Although it sounds more Raw and Badass... I really do miss the sewing machine sound :(...

More importantly does anyone know what part of our stock exhaust gives that sound... i think it has got to be the cat or the expansion chamber box underneath... but either of them are not possibilities on aftermarket exhaust...

Am trying to replicate the sound... my next project

Any way to mellow it down and bring back the sound...can I get back the sound using dB killers..??? I am 👀 for answers...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ok I’ll be honest, but I really do miss the stock sewing machine whine of my stock exhaust. It all went after I took out the stock system completely and installed aftermarket full exhaust which is basically free flow larger diameter.

Although it sounds more Raw and Badass... I really do miss the sewing machine sound :(...

More importantly does anyone know what part of our stock exhaust gives that sound... i think it has got to be the cat or the expansion chamber box underneath... but either of them are not possibilities on aftermarket exhaust...

Am trying to replicate the sound... my next project

Any way to mellow it down and bring back the sound...can I get back the sound using dB killers..??? I am 👀 for answers...
There are plenty of owners that have removed their stock exhaust and i'm sure some of those would want to sell it.
Put an advertisement up in the for sale section, WTB stock exhaust.

·
Registered
506 Posts
DB killer will do it, or get close.
No it won't. Pretty sure the OP has Pauls headers and titanium end can.
Even if a DB killer could be fitted somehow it would still roar.

If he wants the stock sound, maybe putting the stock system on would work.
I know, crazy idea, i love thinking outside the box.;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I am trying different slip on options. Especially long ones that gives a deep sound... not quiet stock but close..

I am looking at Brock’s performance for the gsxr modify the inlet to use with my link pipe

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Looks like you got your bike back from the police. You said they took your bike and Paul's muffler (the one I was buying from you) weeks ago. Did you end up doing any jail time?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like you got your bike back from the police. You said they took your bike and Paul's muffler (the one I was buying from you) weeks ago. Did you end up doing any jail time?
No jail time... had to pay fine and they seized my titanium pipe... released the bike after i refitted my stock slipon....

Just ordered a db killer... will fit the same in the stock slipon and see how it goes... also looking at brocks performance long pipe...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m selling a stock exhaust with 1100 miles on it complete, minus the tip for best offer plus shipping

Tom S
240-672-6918

Header is in Maryland

·
Registered
158 Posts
I too like the stock exhaust sound. Well, could be a little bit louder, but not too much. I like that I can rev it without being too worry to bother people around. Heard an M4 full system the other day. Way too loud to my taste. I would have liked it in my 20s, guess I'm getting older, but I'm still into spirited driving, don't worry! ;)

I have been looking for an exhaust option, main goal is to improve HP. Then I can change the air filter and flash the ECU and be done for a bit.

This 14 inch holeshot + arrow race header might do it. The vid posted looks good. Not how it does at high rpm though. Will be searching for clips... :p Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
the 'sound' is made by the multitudes of twists / turns of the std muffer box and muffler ( the cat actually muffles alot ), a well muffled header will have some of its qualities, but wont sound exactly the same due to the complexity of stock system

1 - 16 of 16 Posts