GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i havent managed to drop this how to onto the page complete with pictures so here is a word doc with it all on. I hope someone finds it useful.

Maybe someone could load onto the forum properly?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ApFXH3RBbtMWswQ1FfU1g4MGc

Just for info i weight about 80kg, i have used stock springs, 5w fork oil which is the same as recommended by Suzuki, stock damper settings, no preload at all.

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is one of the most incredible how-two write-ups I've seen...good job! It looks a lot more complicated than I was expecting - nothing like the DR650 and DL650 forks I've worked on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Really nice work. This would have taken some serious time and effort above and beyond just doing it for yourself. Speaking for myself as someone who often has to teach new concepts and technical skills to people in a niche field, thats a very well done doco.

For me, I can see many steps that I could possibly make a mess of that makes a full fork rebuild worth taking to the local guru's. What I will take from this is the tools I'll need for regular fluid changes. And keeping the forks fresh will make a bigger difference in the long run for my riding once its all dialed in.

Love your work and good on you for taking the time to help your fellow man. Cheers mate, love your work :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
One question (for now)...why do you need to drill another hole in a brand new part built just for these forks?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ive installed these goldvalves before. Fork and shock.....

Racetech should pay you, and use your instructions.....very well done, and thank you.

Funny how your instructions accomplished the same thing as theirs, but yours are far better and easier to understand.

·
Registered
244 Posts
having just installed some hyperpro progressive fork springs to my gsx-s fa, this write up was very helpful, as an extra note - the flat tab to temporarilly hold dampner rod , for removal of rebound adjuster requires a 10mm slot to sit under the nut, i ended up making a spring compressor as hyperpro's instructions are nearly impossible to follow even with two people.
this is due to the halfwit who designed that white nylon tube ( amazingly thin) that spacers out the forkspring, the location of the hole to push the the tube down is barely adequate, i.e it really should have been higher up so more movement possible, i had to make an extended clamp that could travel down into the fork tube,

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok so i havent managed to drop this how to onto the page complete with pictures so here is a word doc with it all on. I hope someone finds it useful.

Maybe someone could load onto the forum properly?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ApFXH3RBbtMWswQ1FfU1g4MGc

Just for info i weight about 80kg, i have used stock springs, 5w fork oil which is the same as recommended by Suzuki, stock damper settings, no preload at all.

Thanks,

Rob
so how did it work out ?, im looking to fit some better valving to my forks, i have previously used racetech, are you happy with their peformance improvement ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts