GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, today I removed my headers and exhaust to do the decat mod, however when I remove the cable bracket for rhe exhaust valve the spring come off, I haven’t yet put back Together as Im not sure how it goes back on, I have yet started the bike either, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. It’s a 2019 gsx-s1000f

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wouldn't you rather keep it off and remove the servo too? Think there is a blanking plug available to stop any FI light coming on. It was the case when I did it on a VStrom last year

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you remove the nut that sits directly over the spring? If so, that's not the one you want to remove in order to get the cables off. Just behind the spring (towards the back of the bike) there's another nut that attaches the cable mounting bracket to the exhaust. This is the one you should remove. This will allow you enough cable slack to then rotate the exhaust valve and remove the two cable ends.

You'll probably have to reinstall the spring onto the exhaust valve shaft and then wind the spring around that shaft in order to put tension on it. Then put the black cover over the spring, followed by the nut that retains the cover.

The picture below shows the nut you need to remove if you ever need to take the cables off again.

Automotive tire Composite material Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts