GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Test rode a demo 2015 GSX-S1000 yesterday, bringing it home tomorrow :)

After having a read through some threads here, I've just ordered a throttle tamer as the snatchy throttle was my only complaint during the test ride so hopefully this reduces it.

Anyway, here's a quick snap of the bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Aussie , nice looking bike, the fastest colour and you will not regret getting the tamer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome mate, and enjoy the ride.
I personally don't have the issue with the throttle, but a lot of others do. so I hope it helps.

P.s: I may be bias, but the Red/Black just looks sweet, but I'm liking the rim tape against the blue on yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally don't have the issue with the throttle, but a lot of others do. so I hope it helps.
It wasn't a deal breaker for me, and I suspect I could get used to it, but based on feedback here and elsewhere I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a go. There were a couple of moments during the test ride through corners where I was a little concerned.

P.s: I may be bias, but the Red/Black just looks sweet, but I'm liking the rim tape against the blue on yours.
If I was ordering one from the showroom floor, I probably would have gone the red/black colour, but this was a demo model and I got it for a steal so beggars can't be choosers! Besides, the blue is really growing on me :)

Oh, and thanks for the welcome guys :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome Shwa. Naked and blue, top job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Aussie friend I do not have any issues with a snatchy throttle, maybe get the dealer to check all is good on the computer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi All,

Test rode a demo 2015 GSX-S1000 yesterday, bringing it home tomorrow :)

After having a read through some threads here, I've just ordered a throttle tamer as the snatchy throttle was my only complaint during the test ride so hopefully this reduces it.

Anyway, here's a quick snap of the bike:

Hi and welcome. Had mine for about 2months now and done about 2000km's. To date, apart from removing most of the slack/play on the throttle, I have not yet gotten around to fit either a throttle tamer or PCV. So far it actually not bothering me to the point that I want to fix it immediately or ruining any of my rides. I have ridden my bike in various different types of mountain passes at fair speeds and in those instances the "snatchy" throttle has not once bothered me in the least. I generally ride with TC level 1 for most of time.

Enjoy "anyhow's" :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
welcome from Italy!

About the throttle some problem mantaining constant 2500/3000 rpm.
As you can see a lot of gsxs owners had to install a PCV.
may be that you in AUS have different ECU settings.
Let us know.

All the best ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts