GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really keen on the GSX S but I've never owned a naked before.
I've been riding my wifes Gladius a bit recently and have to admit the wind blast on that at 120kph and above is making me have second thoughts.
I also now know why my wife is not that enthusiastic about riding when its windy - riding into a head wind today it felt as if my helmet was going to be ripped off.
The front of the GSX S looks like it may divert the wind somewhat and I'm sure someone will make a sexy screen or spoiler which will help.
My local dealer is not getting a naked demo model so I may not get a chance to test ride the naked.
I'm not interested in the "f" version, I dont like the look of it, if I do go faired again it will probably be the Kawasaki Z1000sx
Anyway...thoughts please.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My previuous bike was a naked Ducati Monster 1100S , the Soes has much, much beter wind deflection then the Duc.
The last days I rode the VStrom and the turbulence on that was so much mote. I could feel it because the screen of my shark evo line 3 was trembling , even at 100 -120 km/h

On the Soes even speeds of 160 are giving me no problem at all.

I have mounted the OEM windscreen.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine to turn up, so I can only comment on how it was during my short test ride.

It was a fairly still day when I took it for a ride, so I didn't have any big wind gusts to contend with, but the wind wasn't an issue for me. The fastest road I used was only 80Km/h, so I didn't take the bike past 120Km/h. The wind was noticeable, but didn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Compared to the gsr 600 I had before the wind is a lot less on the gixxus even at speeds (ahem)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Took a faired model out for a test ride on Saturday, definitely a lot less wind blast.
Yeah but it's got a bikini on........girls wear bikinis 😄

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've taken the GSXS for a test ride and had no problems with wind blast at 160km/h. Compared to a triumph speed/street triple when you have to hang on for dear life... Of course all speeds were on a track ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts