GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an offer for Hurric Pro2 slip-on. Anybody heard this silencer on GSX-S1000? If I buy, the rest of exhaust will be stock. OEM looks fine for me, but gives no sound at all...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello,

I have an offer for Hurric Pro2 slip-on. Anybody heard this silencer on GSX-S1000? If I buy, the rest of exhaust will be stock. OEM looks fine for me, but gives no sound at all...
Decat from custom pro fusion. Cheap and you can keep your stock muffler.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Will it sounds better with decat/stock muffler or cat/accessory slip-on? I`m affraid of loosing horsepowers in mid-range when cut the cat off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pull the OEM slip on off, then go ride it. Barely any change in sound or volume. The cat and big muffler under the bike are what quiet the bike. A slip on will be mainly just for looks n

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pull the OEM slip on off, then go ride it. Barely any change in sound or volume. The cat and big muffler under the bike are what quiet the bike. A slip on will be mainly just for looks n
A correctly designed megaphone-type (horn-shaped) device on the end of the pipe can amplify the sound level coming out of a pipe. As an experiment, remove the bell horn from a trumpet or trombone and tell me if the instrument still sounds as loud.

Just saying.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Will it sounds better with decat/stock muffler or cat/accessory slip-on? I`m affraid of loosing horsepowers in mid-range when cut the cat off.
The cat isn't giving you mid range. A decat and tune can net you another 10-15 ponies. If you're looking for a slip on that does change the sound of the stock system then I'd recommend the m4 slip on. With the baffle removed it is considerably louder. A nice throaty tone and a gurgle on decel. I took the stock can off and it made no difference but the m4 performed some sort of wizardry. It was cheap too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If it was me I would be putting the money I’m going to spent on a slip on
Towards a full system. Actually I would put the money into suspension upgrades
Before any exhaust.
I just can believe the price of some slip ons and for what?
I’ve owned a fair amount of bikes and have wasted a lot of money on things
That I think was a dumb choice so if you want your bike to run at its best
Put your hard earned cash towards a full system and get your bike dyno tuned
Unleash the beast.
My bike is all stock except for being dyno tuned and it’s putting out close to
154hp on the back wheel and for me that’s good enough.;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just remembered something else oops.
When I had my bike dyno tuned the tuner was surprised at the numbers he got from my bike as he had recently tuned a gsxs with decat and slip on and my bike was making around 4hp more.
My bike is a 17 and the other bike was a 16 model.
Now I know the 16 model came out with less hp than the 17 and 18 models and a stock 16 is putting out about 145hp dyno numbers so the increase of 5hp on the 16 with decat and slip on really isn’t a big improvement for the investment.
A increase of 5hp is good I’m not saying is crap but a full system is going to give you more just make sure to do
Your homework on which is the best system out there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
To the OP...I put a Yoshi Alpha on my stock system, and while it wasn't necessarily louder, it did change the tone to more of a deep burble. Loved it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A correctly designed megaphone-type (horn-shaped) device on the end of the pipe can amplify the sound level coming out of a pipe. As an experiment, remove the bell horn from a trumpet or trombone and tell me if the instrument still sounds as loud.

Just saying.
I’m not talking about trumpets or megaphones. This isn’t a trumpet. It makes virtually no difference installed or removed. It has baffling in it, it doesn’t magnify the sound at all, but it really doesn’t quiet it any either. It’ll make very little difference on or off. I had a Yoshimura Alpha on my stock header also, made no noticeable difference to me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I’m not talking about trumpets or megaphones. This isn’t a trumpet. It makes virtually no difference installed or removed. It has baffling in it, it doesn’t magnify the sound at all, but it really doesn’t quiet it any either. It’ll make very little difference on or off. I had a Yoshimura Alpha on my stock header also, made no noticeable difference to me.
Here's your post: "Pull the OEM slip on off, then go ride it. Barely any change in sound or volume. The cat and big muffler under the bike are what quiet the bike. A slip on will be mainly just for looks".

In that post you're saying a slip-on won't increase the sound. I was giving an example of how a correctly designed slip-on could in fact increase the sound. That's all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thought you’d get a kick out of this! Proof of concept!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/2118746128173751/videos/2199485166753499/

Here's your post: "Pull the OEM slip on off, then go ride it. Barely any change in sound or volume. The cat and big muffler under the bike are what quiet the bike. A slip on will be mainly just for looks".

In that post you're saying a slip-on won't increase the sound. I was giving an example of how a correctly designed slip-on could in fact increase the sound. That's all.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I remembered this thread and thought I'd add that I just put on a Mivv Double Gun slip-on, and it DEFINITELY is louder than sock without the DB Killers in, in fact, I'm going to give it some time, but I might put the DB killers back in just to tone it down a notch. So, a slip on can definitely increase the volume over stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts