GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I was a teenager clutch cables used to snap all the time.
Mine is over five years olds on the Suzi and still has a smooth action with no signs of wear. I guess they are not so much of an issue these days.
As for changing it over to hydraulic ( i think i wrote this somewhere else as well) When hydraulic came out people were looking into conversions to get them back to cables because there was a better feel. Now we have cable...???
Guess people always want what they haven't got:giggle:
I believe you get a much better feel and more control of clutch which cable. As other guy stated I had a Yamaha which had a hydrolic clutch and come out one morning to go to work and it was empty so I had no clutch that sucked! I'll stick with the cable thank you and today's cables are much thinker then the 80s that's why they last forever

·
Registered
494 Posts
As other guy stated I had a Yamaha which had a hydrolic clutch and come out one morning to go to work and it was empty so I had no clutch that sucked!
And I had an old KZ1100 Spectre with a cable that snapped when I went to leave work. Rode the 26 miles with clutchless shifting. Had to get creative or time the lights real good at a couple intersections. Made it. Either way issues can occur.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sprocket cover from gsxr1000 k7 k8 , clutch master cylinder from a B-king (same design) and a new braided line , modded clutch inner push rod
Only the sprocket cover must be cutted a little , due different shape of the frame , nothing bigger . Operation can be done in 2 hours
Or the magura system , tryed both , fitted the magura and after 2 days it went back in the box and now is somewhere😂in the basement , did not like the feeling

Reactions: gritty and dekker
21 - 23 of 23 Posts