GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beaker...I didn't opt for their shock but I did install the progressive spring that comes with your shock. As far as I'm concerned it transformed the ass end of my 16 1000F. I tip the scales at 210 lbs. and noticed a big improvement on the street over potholes and the small jarring bumps. Much smoother and I followed their settings and it's working great. Very satisfied. Just put on a new 190/55 rear boot and looking forward to get out and test. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Beaker...I didn't opt for their shock but I did install the progressive spring that comes with your shock. As far as I'm concerned it transformed the ass end of my 16 1000F. I tip the scales at 210 lbs. and noticed a big improvement on the street over potholes and the small jarring bumps. Much smoother and I followed their settings and it's working great. Very satisfied. Just put on a new 190/55 rear boot and looking forward to get out and test. Enjoy!!
You wouldn't happen to have a link or something similar? I'm pretty close to your weight (205, last I checked, probably still 210 after all them holidays lol), but I'm having difficulties finding where I'd be able to order one, and am very interested!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jones....Hyperpro.com is their site. They make two different springs for our rides. One is a shorter spring which allows you to lower your bike, which I didn't want because I'm 6'2" tall and the other is the stock length. Their part# is SP-SU10 SSB 022B. Cost is $149 in black and I think $139 in purple. I absolutely love it!! As I said the bike glides over the jolting small stuff and packs down nicely on the twisties. I can't remember the min to max spring rates but it made the bike much more enjoyable to ride. You won't regret it.
Good Luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jones....Hyperpro.com is their site. They make two different springs for our rides. One is a shorter spring which allows you to lower your bike, which I didn't want because I'm 6'2" tall and the other is the stock length. Their part# is SP-SU10 SSB 022B. Cost is $149 in black and I think $139 in purple. I absolutely love it!! As I said the bike glides over the jolting small stuff and packs down nicely on the twisties. I can't remember the min to max spring rates but it made the bike much more enjoyable to ride. You won't regret it.
Good Luck
Thanks so much! The parts #was what I was having trouble with, I blame being on mobile!

Thanks again! I'm definitely looking into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this shock allow you access points to all adjustments compresion,rebound and preload without haveing to remove the shock,linkage, or anything else?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes.
I have a remote reservoir for compression but didn't go for the remote preload adjuster. The standard preload ring can still be reached but is is a bit of a fiddle. I didn't feel it was necessary as I seldom need to change the preload.
Rebound is quite close to the bottom of the shock. It's fairly easy to adjust but it is quite close to the exhaust so I keep a glove on when it's hot.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts