GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, I dunno man. Human nature to get bored of stuff that isn’t the latest and greatest, but that’s part of the process to developing humility and gratitude isn’t it. Being able to still appreciate things below the pinnacle.
I went through the latest and greatest phase. Bought 4 new bikes in 4 years. Kept trading them in yearly. After the fourth sanity retuned and I kept the 4th for 15 years. I grow attached to bikes the longer I have them, hence the keeping of my Honda Cb900f for 27 years. Regret selling it, but decided to whittle the herd down.

Technology is insidious, even if you’re not personally a big fan of electronics. Creeps up on you, or it does with me lol.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I went through the latest and greatest phase. Bought 4 new bikes in 4 years. Kept trading them in yearly. After the fourth sanity retuned and I kept the 4th for 15 years. I grow attached to bikes the longer I have them, hence the keeping of my Honda Cb900f for 27 years. Regret selling it, but decided to whittle the herd down.

Technology is insidious, even if you’re not personally a big fan of electronics. Creeps up on you, or it does with me lol.
****! I reckon I’ll keep the Suzuki for a long time!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ive bought and sold to many bikes.
Once upon a time I would have given my left nut just to have a bike didn't matter what is was just to have a bike.
It's funny as you get older and have a bit of $ to play with you start thinking you need to upgrade all the time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ive bought and sold to many bikes.
Once upon a time I would have given my left nut just to have a bike didn't matter what is was just to have a bike.
It's funny as you get older and have a bit of $ to play with you start thinking you need to upgrade all the time.
Couldnt agree with you more. Now that I can afford anything within reason bike wise, I find there is little out there that appeals to me. Thought the styling of bikes in the 90’s was excellent. Would love a new 1990 looking gsxr1100 styled bike with modern wheels, engine and technology. All this origami styling is what puts me off pretty much buying anything these days.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hey Gixus most bikes look a bit weird these days.
I was thinking of a duke 890r as I like light bikes but Im always worried about reliability on euro bikes especially with all the electronic stuff.
I used to own a 990 super duke and it was reliable for the 5 years I owned it I've also owned 2 speed triples they head clutch and dropping out off gear problems plus other stuff so I won't be buying any Triumph any time soon.
I owned a guzzy for 5 years now that looked like a proper bike and was reliable but needed about another 50hp lol it was a 750 with a mind breaking 48hp but it had good torque.
Anyhow for now I'm just sticking with the gsxs 17 model it goes good and when I ride I'm not wondering if maybe it's going to break down like I used to be thinking when out riding on the euro bikes.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,381 Posts
Don't know what you're on about, nothing wrong with that tail it is functional and takes the eyes away from the front.:)

• Haha
Reactions: Barstewardsquad
21 - 29 of 29 Posts