GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added Vagabond fender eliminator and a Givi tank bag for the gas cap ring. I already had the Givi tank bag but needed the Suzuki specific ring. I also added my old Zumo 550 GPS to the bars.

I am still at only 60 miles on the GSX. Between work during the day and my 600 racebike project at night I have no time to ride the GSX. I hope to get a few miles in on it this upcoming weekend.

Meantime my racebike is coming along ok I have it stripped down ready to install the full M4 race exhaust system and then it is off to the dyno for a PCV and quickshifter install. It will be dyno run in as it only has 2 miles on it currently and mapped to MR12 race gas. So much more to be done on it after the dyno visit. That pretty matching blue paint to my GSX will become black and red which is my racing colors similar to the above pic of my 1000 racebike behind the GSX.:D

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
That's a neat looking tank bag. How much can you fit in it? Can it hold a 6 pack?

As far as the fender kit, I might just get an integrated taillight and drill a couple holes in my plate to just bolt it to where the stock fender bolted up to.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a neat looking tank bag. How much can you fit in it? Can it hold a 6 pack?

As far as the fender kit, I might just get an integrated taillight and drill a couple holes in my plate to just bolt it to where the stock fender bolted up to.
haha not quite but it does hold enough essential things to get one by. I am spoiled and used to big ADV type bikes with metal panniers and tail bags. So this is like primitive camping for me on two wheels. The bag cost about $125 which is pricey but being it is a GIVI brand that is why. SW Motech makes their own version which is a little larger.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question is will you take the GSXS to the track at all?
Most likely no. I am used to race slicks and very good suspension. Neither of which the GSXS has or will have in my ownership. I bought the GSXS strictly for street use. Wouldn't want to risk a track crash on it. Very nice motorcycle but no where near a true built racebike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts