GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I did drop my wheel lock key in my fairing. I hope to look again when it cools off. Lord I hope I find it. I am not used to the cramped space of the starter. Is this some kind of undercover peek aboo design. I need a really small ring to put them both on so I don't scratch the tank and some tiny fingers to put the key in and turn it. Goodness!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
There are lots of nooks and cranies on these bikes.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I dropped my key in mine a few weeks ago when I was away from home and thought I was in trouble but after a few minutes looking around I found it, it's easy to do when you have a tank bag on and gloves

·
Registered
217 Posts
I dropped my key in mine a few weeks ago when I was away from home and thought I was in trouble but after a few minutes looking around I found it, it's easy to do when you have a tank bag on and gloves
Well................... i don't feel so stupid now. Did the same many months ago, and luckily some one near by had an allen hex. removed the bottom ones, and just able to fish it out with 2 fingers.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well................... i don't feel so stupid now. Did the same many months ago, and luckily some one near by had an allen hex. removed the bottom ones, and just able to fish it out with 2 fingers.

Just because I did it too doesn't get you off the hook, it just means we are both stupid :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've dropped 2 things in my fairing. I have one of those flexible 'parts grabbers' and was able to grab a rubber pad that fell in there. The screw ended up being completely out of sight, so I used a flexible magnetic parts grabber

https://www.harborfreight.com/flexible-magnetic-pickup-tool-94614.html

These have been worth their weight in gold throughout the past few years - working on cars, bikes, even helping my piano teacher grab a bracelet from inside her piano :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got a Shoei GT Air on back order now as that one got a good report here on the Forum; but Santa has collared a few for his "Good" list and now the Warehouse is now dry of white one's till December.
Rob.

Maybe Santa is giving you a chance to reconsider the RF1200? Lighter, cooler, better visibility, and w/ the Transitions shield it's always just right :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes I did drop my wheel lock key in my fairing. I hope to look again when it cools off. Lord I hope I find it. I am not used to the cramped space of the starter. Is this some kind of undercover peek aboo design. I need a really small ring to put them both on so I don't scratch the tank and some tiny fingers to put the key in and turn it. Goodness!!!
isnt the wheel lock and ignition key the same...or we talking brake disk lock....first thing i thought of is you have two keys one to start motor and another to lock steering.......so you dropped ignition key in fairing :nerd:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts