GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After months of swearing I'd buy the first one that hit my area, I hesitated for a while but no more. I picked up my new blue F model this morning and wow, what a bike. I am going to love this thing... the power is unimaginable as I have been riding a DL650 for several years and have never owned a liter bike.

I just got 52 miles on her today, work tomorrow and Monday then have three great Texas sunny days off with temperatures in the 70s/20s C.

The only thing that will need some getting used to is the amount of wind on my shoulders and head. Might need a bigger windscreen.

Ron

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats!
I'm jealous as I think this bike has nailed it in bridging the gap from Supersport to Street Bike.
Can't wait to ride one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yah Congrats, Stromer.

Getting one soon too. I'm guessing that your DL650 is more of a commuter and probably had a higher screen compared to the F.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah Congrats, Stromer.

Getting one soon too. I'm guessing that your DL650 is more of a commuter and probably had a higher screen compared to the F.
Yes, exactly. I ride the Strom about 2000 miles a month, It's my commuter and long range tourer. Nice and comfy behind a 22" touring screen that directs the airflow right over my head. Really makes you a wimp.

I might get a touring screen for the GSXS when they're available (Suzuki has one coming in spring) but by then I may be used to it. Just gotta ride her a lot and see.

Looking forward to seeing yours WM!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've had numerous bikes over the years, Supersports, Superbikes, Street fighters, Supermoto, and also raced in the supersport 600 a few years ago.

I've had mine two weeks now a really happy. Handling, power and looks. I prefer the unfaired like mine as it looks more of a street fighter, especially with the tail tidy on etc.

A great decision I think in getting one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations! My dealer jut started getting them in, but as riding season is fast closing up here by Chicago it'll be easy for me to hold off until spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on a gorgeous looking bike!

I also had a DL-650, after putting 50K miles on it, I stepped up to the 2014 DL-1000.............. huge power increase! Still makes me laugh almost every ride!

I'm sure I'll be blown away after riding the GSXS1000!!:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congrats.
I like the fairing letting the wind just catching your shoulders and helmet. It can give your body a bit of support and take the weight off your arms when cruising long distance and keep your visor clear in the cooler weather. I would have thought a nice cool breeze around you face would be ideal in the Texas heat?
See how you get on. Not a problem you will have too often but a bit of breeze around the visor also blows the rain off if you get caught out in a storm

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats and have lots of fun with the bike

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Red "F" model (love it) and I'm waiting for Puig to release their wind screen with hopes that it does a better job. Release in January February.

·
Registered
239 Posts
have done 2200 miles now and i find a bit of wind on my shoulders, but only a little on my helmet, far less than a naked and just enough to let you know your not on a bus/ bmw/ goldwing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts