GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temps hit mid 40s today, and I had the day off. I pulled the bike out of the bike shed after sitting there for about a month. I hit the start button and instant music. I let it warm up for a while while I got my helmet and gloves on. Got on, and pulled out of the neighborhood and and remembered why I just love the bike.
:D
I ended up doing about 50 miles on some nice dry roads around the valley. At the end, I stopped at a Chevron about a half mile from home and filled up with premium gas, rode home, dumped an ounce of STA-BIL 360 in the tank, and now I can wait for another good day, which is impossible to predict around here. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm hoping to get some miles in tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it from the storage unit to the road, unplowed gravel, but only a few hundred feet. Forecast is rain for Saturday, betting that turns to snow. Looks like Winter Storm Frankie will miss me, at least.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Mid 40's and riding? You are a trooper Sir haha. It needs to be t least 60 before I pull mine out.

The bike that is.

i totally understand your feelings about the bike. Every time I ride mine it blows me away how good it is. Feels light and easy to maneuver at low speeds, superb balance and performance at any speed. I wish there was a track around here so I can visit redline more often. If you have not run to redline in the first few gears yet you don't what your missing haha. Your bikes evil twin lives there.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mid 40's and riding? You are a trooper Sir haha. It needs to be t least 60 before I pull mine out.

The bike that is.

i totally understand your feelings about the bike. Every time I ride mine it blows me away how good it is. Feels light and easy to maneuver at low speeds, superb balance and performance at any speed. I wish there was a track around here so I can visit redline more often. If you have not run to redline in the first few gears yet you don't what your missing haha. Your bikes evil twin lives there.
I was over 100 in second a couple times yesterday. >:D

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i guess im different ..YA Think....I never enjoyed taking my bike to work...its a fun toy hobby,fix that i enjoy after work at night or day off...its a different mind set i guess...if its not play time im not riding .....

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The bike that is.

Well, maybe in NC you have the luxury of waiting for 60F. I'm sure it happens a lot more in the dark months there than it does here.
Average daily temps for this time of year are probably mid 30s and will stay that way till about the end of Feb. I probably wouldn't ride in 40s when the average temps are much higher in the late spring, summer or early fall, but over the winter, I take the opportunity to get the battery charged, cycle some fuel through the system, and burn off any moisture. It's a strategy that has served me well over lot's of bikes and lot's of winters.
;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Supercharger, we'll need to get together sometime. I live just up the road from you, Lincolnton. There is a group of us that hit up the mountains on the weekend if the weather is nice.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Supercharger, we'll need to get together sometime. I live just up the road from you, Lincolnton. There is a group of us that hit up the mountains on the weekend if the weather is nice.
Sounds Good! I will be moving closer to the Denver area after the new year...a little closer to the mountains :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Most of the guys come from Charlotte, so your ride wouldn't be bad at all. We hit up old 18 then up 181 before hitting all the surrounding areas. We have a small Facebook group that we use to plan rides, so we can keep the trouble out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts