GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was thinking how many Slip On’s I have bought for my S-1000. Eight. Has to be a record for a single bike!

Not sure I should be proud of this. But my passion for accessorizing motorcycles has always over shadowed common sense. I have sold all of them here on the Forum. I’m sure some of you “‘ol timers” remember this.

Every super bike I have owned throughout my life, the first modification is a full exhaust system. Then flash the ECU. And of course, then, need a killer Slip-On, the best looking and the best sounding. I even posted a thread a while back “ my quest for the final slip on”

So it cracked me up personally in the last couple of days when I ended up putting back on the original stock muffler that I have painted black. I think it truly does look the best, not necessarily sound or performance best.

but wanted to share the story with you all, as I think it is pretty funny. This should be a record. Am I embarrassed? Kind of, but makes for a good story.

Wood Table Audio equipment Drink Gas

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

And now this, no need for traditional exhaust hanger, strap, and looks more modern.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any videos of the stock “muffler” with the aftermarket headers? What headers are you running?
I don’t have any videos. Not sure what you are looking for. The stock muffler is in the last photo above. I purchased custom headers hand made a long time ago by a forum member who lived in Thailand. So it’s kind of a one off. But my header outlet is in the stock position.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lextek has several that look and sound great and aren't expensive. There are also Two Brothers, MIVV, GPR, Scorpion to name a few more.
Yep Redline, i’ve had two brothers before I felt they were built cheaply, didn’t like the plastic end cap, sounded ’tinny”Also, the MIVV and GPR and scorpions I didn’t like the looks as much as others. But everyone has opinions of course!.

I had not looked into Lextek before, I see a Carbon muffler that is 18 inches long and comes with DB killer, and around $200. Anybody know where I can buy this LexTek muffler in the US? I can always add to my record!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts