GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here from Ontario, Canada.

Just got my new F. Put 600 kms on it the first day and I'm liking it a lot. I think I will keep this bike for many years.

First order of business is a tail tidy, probably the Vagabond one. Also need to wire in a usb charger for my phone and a cig outlet for my air compressor.

Also how are you guys mounting your phone or gps? I need ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
New owner here from Ontario, Canada.

Just got my new F. Put 600 kms on it the first day and I'm liking it a lot. I think I will keep this bike for many years.

First order of business is a tail tidy, probably the Vagabond one. Also need to wire in a usb charger for my phone and a cig outlet for my air compressor.

Also how are you guys mounting your phone or gps? I need ideas.
I'm using a ram mount. Also, you can't go wrong with the vagabond fender eliminator. Congrats

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride, here is what i did for my phone and outlet, my phone case has Velcro on the back of it(The soft part) and it just sticks to the plate held on by some longer stainless head stem bolts, i also had to pack it out a bit so it didn't scratch anything, the outlet is wired directly to the battery which was easy to do with only removing the one side panel.
The phone plate can also be mounted 180 degrees so it covers the head stem but i find this the perfect position as it does not intrude the speedo at all and while riding along if a notification appears t seems to grab my attention without even looking at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride, here is what i did for my phone and outlet, my phone case has Velcro on the back of it(The soft part) and it just sticks to the plate held on by some longer stainless head stem bolts, i also had to pack it out a bit so it didn't scratch anything, the outlet is wired directly to the battery which was easy to do with only removing the one side panel.
The phone plate can also be mounted 180 degrees so it covers the head stem but i find this the perfect position as it does not intrude the speedo at all and while riding along if a notification appears t seems to grab my attention without even looking at it.
Where did you get that plate for the velcro? I am not sure if I trust velcro, wouldn't hitting a pothole at highway speeds result in the phone flying off.

I have just ordered one of these, not sure if I have to mount it to the handlebars or if I can find some neater looking solution:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Xqq7N838L._SY355_.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
I made the plate myself and no the phone will not come off in any situation as it sticks really well

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Love the S1000. I installed the Vagabond fender eliminator and frame sliders, both top quality. I like the S1000 more every day, getting used to the abrupt throttle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will love the bike :)

tighten the throttle cable and dial in the suspension ....it will be a dream :)
That reminds me, is there a guide anywhere on how to adjust the suspension? I am 200 lbs and I assume that out of the factory the bike is adjusted for a lighter rider.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That reminds me, is there a guide anywhere on how to adjust the suspension? I am 200 lbs and I assume that out of the factory the bike is adjusted for a lighter rider.
This should help you.....I weigh 197 lbs, plus gear close to 210. Here is what I have set....I am IN LOVE with this bike :

spring preload- even with the third line, at the base (two 1/2 turns clockwise). This setting is on top of the forks, you turn the hex "nuts" with a sock...I believe 12mm?

fork rebound: 5 clicks out from full hard
fork compression: 5 clicks out from full hard

rear spring preload- position 5 starting from left (preload tool is in your tool pouch under pillion)
rebound- 3/4 of a turn out from full hard

cheers :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
This should help you.....I weigh 197 lbs, plus gear close to 210. Here is what I have set....I am IN LOVE with this bike :

spring preload- even with the third line, at the base (two 1/2 turns clockwise). This setting is on top of the forks, you turn the hex "nuts" with a sock...I believe 12mm?

fork rebound: 5 clicks out from full hard
fork compression: 5 clicks out from full hard

rear spring preload- position 5 starting from left (preload tool is in your tool pouch under pillion)
rebound- 3/4 of a turn out from full hard

cheers :D
would this be the same for the f

1 - 12 of 12 Posts