GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might like it better without the panniers!

Is it as good as my GSXRR , doubt it but this ain’t no racetrack comparison lol

It does look the usual Suzuki business on a race stand which is a pitbull forward stand all I use!

And it’s been washed and shined after the 2k mile trip. Windscreen is a pos cheap plastic and scratches just looking at it plus it’s clear gotta go! Waiting on puig for that.

The weather here is fantastic humidity way less than the usual 60% so I’ll ride it tomorrow for sure just like it sits. I did remove the papaw sheepskin seat cover after the pic for tomorrows ride :D V1 still mounted up there it’s needed around here :oops:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
156 Posts
I fear that since I got used to riding mine without panniers, it'll feel draggy and slow when I finally get them. Maybe not though, I've never actually ridden anything with panniers before.

Agree on the windscreen, mine also scratched the first time I looked at it.
I plan on tinting the inside of it with Plasti-Dip Smoke as soon as I get around to ordering another can.

·
Registered
156 Posts
First real issue cruise control not working. Getting the old 3 flash set light and no worky.
Uh oh... You're not the first. I hope it works itself out like the guy from the UK, and that it doesn't become a common issue.
I wonder if it's incorrectly seeing a condition which normally wouldn't allow cruise to activate (like going 10 mph or brake light activated or something).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine handles really no different with panniers or without actually it feels more planted with them. I did have to take a click of preload off the rear with them off. I only weigh 140 lbs at most.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Proper matching front fender bolts put in to replace the reflector stalks I removed. Cost about $6 bucks for two from Suzuki. Just order two like the bottom two that is it. Ugly reflectors be gone.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered the Suzuki clear film protectant kit for the gas tank this morning. My knees do not touch the tank at my height but being a black bike I figured why not the more protected the less scratched area.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Tire Helmet Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Ordered the Suzuki clear film protectant kit for the gas tank this morning. My knees do not touch the tank at my height but being a black bike I figured why not the more protected the less scratched area.

Be careful, I laid it down and like 40 seconds after laying it down I wanted to lift and reposition and it seemed to grab despite my slip solution being ample

Anyway it’s in there, but it appears, that I have dried glue residue from when I lifted and replaced back down.

It’s whatever maybe itl dry clear, doubtful. But yeah.

·
Registered
2016 f
697 Posts
Might like it better without the panniers!

Is it as good as my GSXRR , doubt it but this ain’t no racetrack comparison lol

It does look the usual Suzuki business on a race stand which is a pitbull forward stand all I use!

And it’s been washed and shined after the 2k mile trip. Windscreen is a pos cheap plastic and scratches just looking at it plus it’s clear gotta go! Waiting on puig for that.

The weather here is fantastic humidity way less than the usual 60% so I’ll ride it tomorrow for sure just like it sits. I did remove the papaw sheepskin seat cover after the pic for tomorrows ride :D V1 still mounted up there it’s needed around here :oops:
View attachment 48556
i love my nelson rigg tailbag

1 - 20 of 53 Posts