GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F, __ 2022 GSX-S1000GT
99 Posts
I emailed them, but they ignored my American ass.

if any of the paint protection film people in America could get the cutout dot plotter we could all buy it. I want this kit fricken bad

these are literally the only pieces I want. but I only need the front of bike now, and the center of tank since I got Suzuki on.

I noticed a bit of dust on my screen so I very lightly wiped it with my ungloved hand. Here‘s the result:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

So pi$$ed off at the stupidity. I was aware I was wearing my wedding ring and i thought I’d angled my hand so that it wouldn’t touch the screen. It didn’t feel like I touched the screen. But there you go. The ring is made from tungsten so it’s close to the hardness of diamond so I guess that’s what made it so easy. It doesn’t have any sharp edges but doesn’t need to so it seems.
Anyone know how I might repair this? Maybe Maguiars mirror glaze number 17 clear plastic cleaner?
Definitely need those protection films ASAP!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Might like it better without the panniers!

Is it as good as my GSXRR , doubt it but this ain’t no racetrack comparison lol

It does look the usual Suzuki business on a race stand which is a pitbull forward stand all I use!

And it’s been washed and shined after the 2k mile trip. Windscreen is a pos cheap plastic and scratches just looking at it plus it’s clear gotta go! Waiting on puig for that.

The weather here is fantastic humidity way less than the usual 60% so I’ll ride it tomorrow for sure just like it sits. I did remove the papaw sheepskin seat cover after the pic for tomorrows ride :D V1 still mounted up there it’s needed around here :oops: View attachment 48556
Hi, i am thinking about buying the GT+ & after looking at your pic i am wondering if the plastic covers that were originaly fitted on the bike can be re-fitted over the pannier mounts when the panniers are not being used ?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Well my Labor Day weekend started and ended rough. Left with two bikes for the smokies for 7 days. Drz400 and the GT. On the way up I started experiencing abdominal pain driving the truck. Passed it off as indigestion I’d just ate a Delhi sandwich. Arrived late night set camp. Next morning pain still there. I bought some Tums over the counter. 3 hours later pain still there snd getting worse. It’s now up until my chest. I’m having cold sweats as well. I’m out on the DRZ with a friend middle of no where. I try some pepto bismol no help, I was in very much pain by now. At my age almost 60 I decided to find a ER close by. I was and hour ride from camp and In a tourist torn in North Georgia. I found s 13 bed hospital and went in the ER. Four hours later it was determined if had a galstone spell which I have never had in my entire life. No digestive issues ever. Ultrasound revealed my gal bladder was full of stones so it was a matter of time before it happened again. They gave me the GI cocktail which cleared the stone. I rode the DRZ back to camp and hour one way, it poured rain in me last 15 miles.

Once back I relaxed with a diet changed dinner. Went ti bed early. It started pouring rain about 5 am. 2-3” an hour with gusty winds. My high dollar Sierra designs tent began to leak at a seam then the water level on the ground started to rise and I had water running through the tent. I left the tent for an 10’x10’ exup I had the bikes under which was about to collapse from water weight ponding in it. I cleared that water for the next hour. The weather had a break for about an hour. I started loading stuff in the truck nothings dry at that point. I went to load gsx and noticed it felt really heavy and like stuck in the grass. I looked for and the rear back tire was flat. Screw was in the middle of the tire with a slow leak. Must have been there when I left home.

Once loaded I put the truck into high gear headed west back home. Pretty awful trip is an understatement. Barely rode while there, 4 hours in a ER 500 miles from home. Flat tire soaked everything and now I’m pretty sure I’m facing gal bladder surgery. On top of the right hand issue with basal joint thumb arthritis it has and I’ve been knowing I was going under the knife with that. Was hoping to put that off until January. But the gal bladder won’t wait until January which means I’ll pay my insurance deductible late in the year and one next year for the hand.

Never rode the gsx while up there. Only rode DRZ 125 miles in pain mostly. Drove 933 miles round trip in my truck at $4.79 a gal diesel at 16 mpg. Not a pleasant way to spend money or throw it away depending on how you look at it. I have good health ins and rarely use it. ER was $0 to leave but I’m certain the bills are coming, I could not even find out if the hospital was in network Highmarks app is so crappy. It was an emergency though I was really hurting and had no choice but to seek help. Like they told me at your age you cannot become cheap or play doctor.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow...sorry about your luck. I had my gallbladder surgery 5 years ago after pain like you described. Had a trip to ER then kept it in control with diet change until the surgery 2 months later...of course being in Canada it didn't cost me any out of pocket dollars...taxes I pay take care of that.
As for camping....I sold all my camping gear just in case I ever get the urge to go camping again.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Added the Suzuki touring windscreen and style seat recently. Surprisingly the windscreen works for me. Everyone has a different body shape and size and I took a chance and ordered it and after a few rides it’s a major improvement for cold weather riding for me. Little bit of wind hitting my helmet but overall nothing like the blast from the stock screen, FWIW I wear a Shoei X14 which is an outstanding aero shaped helmet.

The style seat I don’t know much about other than I liked the look of it just wish a passenger one similar was available. I just put it on yesterday and it’s freezing cold here so no ride yet. I don’t expect it to be any more comfy than stock seat. Padding feels identical with a different cover. Dealer cut me a nice 20% discount on both so I ran with it.

One other little thing I added was the little red Suzuki ‘S’s on both sides just forward of the GT emblem you cannot see on the black bikes. I like the little S and it’s in neon red stock on my 21 GSXR-1000R on the gas tank.

I am leaning towards adding the red rim strips that say SUZUKI in white and come in a 3 piece setup for each wheel. Still on the fence about this but I’m off work the next 9 days and boredom may kick in at some point and I’ll pull the trigger on that.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

41 - 53 of 53 Posts