GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. I was leaning towards painting my wheels again, red from gold, but that’s been helpful in making my decision. Red looks good but with my gold forks , I’m staying gold.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you decide to "Get naked" please do NOT post pics of that. However, if you get a naked bike, please do post pictures of that.

I'm not a fan of silver at all. Nevermind the fact I have a silver truck and silver FJR, they were good deals.

I'm also not a fan of gold on a motorcycle. I might have to find someone with a newer GSX-S that wants to swap forks because those black forks are what I want.

However, if we can get Suzuki to give us a GSX-S in this color scheme, I might lose my mind.

I did a little dreaming too myself, one day I'll replace my DRZ with one of these.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I would love to have a new one, especially this one, I'd kinda like to wait for an updated model.

I would love to see a GSXS equipped like the Yamaha MT-10 (a worthy competitor!) from the factory. Cruise, quick-shifter, ride-by-wire, dynamic ABS, LED front to back. The MT is priced $2,000 more and I'd pay that for a GSXS with those features.

·
Registered
870 Posts
While I would love to have a new one, especially this one, I'd kinda like to wait for an updated model.
The MT is priced $2,000 more and I'd pay that for a GSXS with those features.
How much more is it priced than you paid for your GSXS? :D

I looked hard at those but ended up with the GSX-S. Deals were out there on the Suzuki but there were zero deals on the MT10. I had two Yamaha FZ1's and always said that they needed a crossplane crank FZ1, and they finally did it with the MT10, but I couldn't justify the price difference.

Also, there's some sweet bikes out there like the Tuono and MT10, but they'll all be stopping for gas while the GSX-S rider keeps riding and smiling, unless he's bought the Katana version, in which case he'll be at the gas station with them. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I were to buy a GSX S1000 now that my favourite red/black isn't available, I'd go for that red/silver version. It has great uniform colors and none of those blingy golden forks. The red/silver has another problem: the rims aren't black. If you want them to look half decent you have to clean them every day and that's wasted riding time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts