GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav ebeen thunking about fittong aftermarket indicators although i dont mind the standard ones mine have clear lenses, fancying a little streamlining......does anyonne have any fitted so i can see how the look particularly the front ones as i would like to see how they have been fitted front the ridng position looking down and also from the front...this being when i look down i wondered if a piece of the headlight/dash needs to be removed or it can be removed temporarily then re-use it to fit knew indicators if you understand what i mean??....lots of photos would be appreciated....i was thinking of fitting some Led rizoma ones....cheers guys

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Lee, Have a Captain Cook through the pages of The Garage where many Members have posted pictures of their bike for a start. Up near the top of the Forum screen in the blue band under GSXS1000.org.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought some cheap flush mounts i have a plan on makeing work on the front as i dont like the big ear style blinkers. Plan on fitting them next month when i get home and if i can get them to work plan on swapping over to some proton 500. Confident i can make this work and make it look good but will post some pics when i get it done. Mines not an F

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't posted an intro with pics of my bike yet, but it came with TST Industries BL6 LED Pod signals in smoke. They are extremely minimal and really clean up the look of the bike. I'll try to get some pics posted later.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't posted an intro with pics of my bike yet, but it came with TST Industries BL6 LED Pod signals in smoke. They are extremely minimal and really clean up the look of the bike. I'll try to get some pics posted later.
That be great

·
Registered
42 Posts
i hav ebeen thunking about fittong aftermarket indicators although i dont mind the standard ones mine have clear lenses, fancying a little streamlining......does anyonne have any fitted so i can see how the look particularly the front ones as i would like to see how they have been fitted front the ridng position looking down and also from the front...this being when i look down i wondered if a piece of the headlight/dash needs to be removed or it can be removed temporarily then re-use it to fit knew indicators if you understand what i mean??....lots of photos would be appreciated....i was thinking of fitting some led rizoma ones....cheers guys
hi i just changed the lenses
to smoked cheap fix looks good

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That be great
I forgot to take specific pics of the signals, but below is one of the front to give you an idea.

I'll try to take some tonight and hold up the stock signals as a comparison.
They plug and play?....can u tale.a few more pics?.one front the front and could.you take one from the rider position looking down onto them please pal?...they look good..

·
Registered
7 Posts
They plug and play?....can u tale.a few more pics?.one front the front and could.you take one from the rider position looking down onto them please pal?...they look good..
I'm not sure if they are plug and play since the last owner installed them, but below is a copy/paste from the TST website:

WIRING: These signals connect via male bullet connectors. If that's different from your bike's plug, don't stress! We've got you covered. Check out our wire harness converters for a simple plug and play wiring job. No cutting, splicing, or soldering required. We currently have wire harness converters for Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki. Navigate to your specific motorcycle to find the exact harness converter for your motorcycle.

Attached are the pics you requested. Hope these help.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most aftermarket turn signals come with bullet connectors. Bullet connectors are water resistant, universal and inexpensive.

Suzuki uses a Mitsubishi UC connector for most of their turn signals. They can be purchased from here:
https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Mitsu_UC/mitsu_uc.html

Good luck finding a US supplier; I've looked.

You can purchase Suzuki/bullet adapters from various vendors on eBay and/or Amazon for around $10.00 a set.

Personally, I cut off the Mitsubishi connectors and converted the signals to Delphi style (waterproof) connectors. They are much better and easier to find sources for in the US. I have no intentions of ever re-mounting the dumbo ears, and I doubt the next owner will care.

I purchased these from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Kinstecks-Motorcycle-Indicators-Motorbike-Waterproof/dp/B07DBN9GFN/

If money were not object, and I didn't have self control, I would have bought 4 Rizoma progressive signals instead...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts