GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Looks pretty nice. I've been using the stock under-seat molded in hook, and it's a PITA to get the helmet D-rings on and off. I've been thinking of kludging my on solution. Got a link for what you have?

·
Registered
543 Posts
That is a nice clean setup. I use a Suzuki V-strom helmet cable for mine to hook into stock location on the rear seat. Works well enough but I usual take my helmet in with me on this bike. I mean $700 helmet, $300 communicator on it last thing I need is some fool unclipping my communicator and or cutting the helmet strap.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Reagenn,
That does look stock/OEM! Nice job.

As Roy826 says, I no longer leave my helmet on the bike. It comes with me. Arai is not cheap and I don't need someone cutting the strap or pouring a soda in it while I'm away. Funny...20 years ago, I never worried about such things. Either I'm getting more paranoid or people have gotten to be less kind and trustworthy. Don't know.

But if you MUST leave the helmet on the bike, it's good to have a clean, easy way to lock it up, so good work.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It definitely is a nice system, but you're right, I wouldn't leave it there if I were going to be gone very long. Just nice to have a place to hang the lid if I have to run into the store to pick up a few things and don't want to carry it around with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts