GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have been looking at these for some time now and can't decide yet between Lightech or the Gilles units.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I'm going to carry on with the adjusters Suzuki provided Tony,it's easy to check you've adjusted accurately and anyway if you take care of the chain and keep it well lubricated it doesn't need adjusting very often.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Total doodle, dux nuts, ol lad, crafty gits. Man you guys have some awesome expressions across the pond. For what it is worth, Lighttech makes some extremely high quality parts. If you put a lot of miles on your bike and have to adjust your chain every week, then these are probably worth it. Otherwise, they are they for the bling factor (which in my opinion, is too pricey for bling).

·
Registered
71 Posts
LighTechs look great and are easy to adjust, but they do add half a pound of unsprung weight. I decided not to install them and installed Yoshi adjusters instead, combined with some black Ti bling from Pro-bolt. Lighter than stock and I like the subdued look.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
LighTechs look great and are easy to adjust, but they do add half a pound of unsprung weight. I decided not to install them and installed Yoshi adjusters instead, combined with some black Ti bling from Pro-bolt. Lighter than stock and I like the subdued look.

Do you want to sell your lightech adjusters...? ...;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
What chain and sprocket set up do you have? Where did you order it from? Looks great!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes, will put them up for sale in a couple of weeks when I am back from a business trip, stay tuned.
Dunno if it will make sense to ship them internationally though, continental US looks like a more viable option.
Ahh ok, wrong colour anyway... good luck with the sale...:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I bought some these Yoshi adjusters ( just like yours for my Busa) thinking how good they looked on the website photo a year or so ago. When I received i thought "what a rip off" for such good money just plain matte colour almost STD looking with faded decals and lack of quality. I realised lots Yoshi stuff these days are totally overpriced and over the top. I steer away from Yoshi stuff now, except perhaps some their exhausts, but even then to me they all virtually look the same and you pay through the nose for them. Their tail tidy's are rubbish too, I bought one for my Ninja H2 late last year and replaced it with the Evotech. These days I look elsewhere, other brands are much better in value for money and in many cases better quality ( and look). I am sure Pops wouldn't have agreed with my opinion, but after buying Yoshi stuff for the last 15 years I have seen a big decline.
On my GSXS -1000F Evotech has my endorsement, expensive yes, quality however heaps better then other brands
Just my say
Jeffro 😀

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought some these Yoshi adjusters ( just like yours for my Busa) thinking how good they looked on the website photo a year or so ago. When I received i thought "what a rip off" for such good money just plain matte colour almost STD looking with faded decals and lack of quality. I realised lots Yoshi stuff these days are totally overpriced and over the top. I steer away from Yoshi stuff now, except perhaps some their exhausts, but even then to me they all virtually look the same and you pay through the nose for them. Their tail tidy's are rubbish too, I bought one for my Ninja H2 late last year and replaced it with the Evotech. These days I look elsewhere, other brands are much better in value for money and in many cases better quality ( and look). I am sure Pops wouldn't have agreed with my opinion, but after buying Yoshi stuff for the last 15 years I have seen a big decline.
On my GSXS -1000F Evotech has my endorsement, expensive yes, quality however heaps better then other brands
Just my say
Jeffro 😀
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I personally do like the matte color of Yoshi adjusters, it matches the caliper quite nicely and looks unpretentious. Out of the box, mine looked very much like what was pictured on the Web and I didn't feel disappointed. I do agree with you that the price is over the top, these are just two chunks of machined aluminum and they shouldn't cost this much. Of course, if anyone asks, Yoshi will claim that some super secret R&D was done to make them weigh a few grams less than the stock ones and that justifies the high price. True or not, I think hey could have sold a lot more to individuals if they lower their pricing, but that would probably undercut the revenues they get from racing teams. Just my guess here...

I did consider Yoshi tail tidy against Evotech and Vagabond and I felt that the other two were of better quality and value. Eventually, went with Vagabond and it's real great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts