1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice find! That will make the back-end look uber-slim and clean (until it rains and crud is thrown all over it). Have you installed this on your ride?

Having previously owned a Hayabusa, I have seen some of the guys do a GSXR-1000 tail swap, which, IMHO looked pretty **** fine (picture attached). When I first fell in love with my GSXS it was parked next to the new GSXR and I couldn't help but compare the two asses and wonder how she would look with a GSXR tail.

I also wondered whether the GSXR front end, with its BPF's might be open to fitting to the front of the GSXS, but that is another story that requires a lot more research...

I have always like the clean look of not having a separate turn indicator hanging on the back of the bike, I just thought someone would be interested on combining your tailight and turn signal lights. I found these some on these website.

https://moto911.com/shop/dmp-led-tail-lights/suzuki-led-tail-lights/gsx-s1000-suzuki-led-tail-lights/gsx-s1000-16-integrated-led-clear-tail-light/

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice find! That will make the back-end look uber-slim and clean (until it rains and crud is thrown all over it). Have you installed this on your ride?

Having previously owned a Hayabusa, I have seen some of the guys do a GSXR-1000 tail swap, which, IMHO looked pretty **** fine (picture attached). When I first fell in love with my GSXS it was parked next to the new GSXR and I couldn't help but compare the two asses and wonder how she would look with a GSXR tail.

I also wondered whether the GSXR front end, with its BPF's might be open to fitting to the front of the GSXS, but that is another story that requires a lot more research...
ive wondered / considered fitting a GSXR front end to the GSXS. I've owned 4 gixxer 750's and the wind protection was so much better. i have an "F" model

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I fitted the same intergrated rear lights to my gsx-s1000f last week (but the smoked version). I think they look great.

And now i have a splash guard, it doesn't get dirty

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a gen 2 busa and was planning to do gsxr1k tail until i lost interest. I will be buying the integrated tailights for my gsx as for rain not to worried about it i have other bikes to use for foul weather and where i live it always rains so it doesnt bother me too much.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was mainly after the big piston forks, which would require upper and lower triples to be transferred, so I believe, so I'd have to check steering head bearings and the like (as well as confirming any rake and trail differences between the two).

I reckon the fairing from a GSXR wouldn't be too hard to fit if you were reasonably handy. AS long as it phyisically fit around the frame, it would just be a case of fabricating soem custom mounts, eh?

ive wondered / considered fitting a GSXR front end to the GSXS. I've owned 4 gixxer 750's and the wind protection was so much better. i have an "F" model

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks mean as. Tidy too! I'm sold on the smoked.

I fitted the same intergrated rear lights to my gsx-s1000f last week (but the smoked version). I think they look great.

And now i have a splash guard, it doesn't get dirty

·
Registered
464 Posts
Depending where you live they are illegal, the uk has to have a minimum of 9 inches apart.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes! So tempted to see if we could do a tail swap on these bikes to put the GSXR tail unit on. Will have to take my tape measure down to the dealer!

·
Registered
277 Posts
A common mod on the Hayabusas was to swap the tail with the GSXR1000. The tail conversion kit was almost $1000 and then you still had to source various parts (plastics, taillights, etc) from a GSXR. The end result looked pretty good.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes! I always wanted to do that to my 'Busa, but never got around to it. Interested to see if the tail from the new GSXR might just bolt up. Then just need to find a crashed one with a relatively un-damaged tail. More of a 'if the opportunity strikes' kind of upgrade.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So, I have been looking at busas with that conversion and other bikes and I started searching for a K5 rear subframe with plastics and all the lights.

Found a guy who can give me all that for AU$450. Now just need to figure out if it will fit. Because I also think it is a sexier look with the indicators being "tucked away".

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm interested to see what you find out around fitment. I'd read in a few places around the frame being new and lighter than the current GSXR, so I was thinkng the fitment might be closer to a 09-on tail. I want to get back to my dealer with a tape measure...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, another forum user said it might be worth it trying to see if I can get ahold of K5 plastics and see if they just fit right on. I'm now keen on checking all this out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lol. Fancy seeing you on this topic. You got me thinking about it too. Will need to fabricate some side panels for the empty spaces below the seat.
Well, another forum user said it might be worth it trying to see if I can get ahold of K5 plastics and see if they just fit right on. I'm now keen on checking all this out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lol. Fancy seeing you on this topic. You got me thinking about it too. Will need to fabricate some side panels for the empty spaces below the seat.
Hahahahaha...????

I've been thinking about it since I saw the pic of the black/blue busa with that tail.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts