GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep writing these and they never take.
Synopsis.
I have a bike.
I have had others.
I have belonged to various forums. Some good.
Some really, really bad.
I think this might be one of those latter ones since my posts never appear.
I give up.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I keep writing these and they never take.
Synopsis.
I have a bike.
I have had others.
I have belonged to various forums. Some good.
Some really, really bad.
I think this might be one of those latter ones since my posts never appear.
I give up.
This is a good forum. Maybe you are just an inept twit. ;)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
In fact I've responded to your other introductory post. You're in CA, so you can't blame this on fascist regime censorship.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Now if your talking about bad forums you must be talking about Motoguzzi.
There are some real wankers on guzzi forums.
I know I own a guzzi as well as the gsxs and I don’t go on guzzi forums anymore.
As for this forum it’s good and at least some can take a joke even if some haven’t got the right colour.:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was once a Member (probably still am on file) on a UK VFR Owners Group.
After a while I realised that the Membership was a small local group of riding Old Aged Mates around London area, and I rarely got a reply to anything posted, unless you insulted them.

We have a UK Member here who was on there too, and the many warning threats of de-listing him when he dared to sneakingly advertise his VFR 1200 & parts for sale (so he buy the GSX-S1000).
Only paid up sponsors can sell on that site and he like I weren't, so we are all lucky here to advertise and load up pictures freely.

Like me, he used the same Member name there and here, and will have a good laugh now over it if he still reads the posts as he hasn't been active for a while now.

Rob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Admin said I looked like spam.
On yesterday's ride, my GSXS got a flat on its new rear tire.
And now you remind me that I'm an inept twit.
I think I'm going to cry.
I also punctured my rear tire shortly after buying the bike new from dealer, ruined the tire. Slapped on a 190/55 Roadsmart 3, been smilin' ever since.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sorry man. All in jest. It really does suck to get a puncture in a new tire. I hope you don't need to replace it.
Can we still be friends?

:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If your bike is new, and has the Suzuki OEM Dunlop D214's, your only a few thousand miles/kilometres away from replacement anyway, LEAVEITSTOCK excepted of course.
The nail in a D214 is a blessing if it's in the front as that wear's first quite quickly and your better off with a modern tyre.
If you have to replace a rear, many here recommend the 55 profile if you want a faster turn in. The 55 is now quite a common size over the older 50 on a few bikes today.
I think you could get a softer vertical ride with the 55, as higher profile tyres generally are better for comfort on choppy road surfaces.

Rob.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy your new ride! Think you will enjoy this forum. And I feel your pain with the tire! And it does always happen with a new tire! Mine had 500 miles on it when it got skewered!:(

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Now if your talking about bad forums you must be talking about Motoguzzi.
There are some real wankers on guzzi forums.
I know I own a guzzi as well as the gsxs and I don’t go on guzzi forums anymore.
As for this forum it’s good and at least some can take a joke even if some haven’t got the right colour.:D
I owned a Guzzi once. But I cannot remember whether or not I liked the forum. I did not like the bike. Even my Italian friend said it was just an Italian Harley. Slow and noisy. But I thought it handled well enough for what it was. It was a weird model. Can't even remember the designation, T-something, maybe T5, 850.
Cured me of European bikes.

Sorry man. All in jest. It really does suck to get a puncture in a new tire. I hope you don't need to replace it.
Can we still be friends?

:D
I dried my eyes and have forgotten everything, even the tire string plug.

If your bike is new, and has the Suzuki OEM Dunlop D214's, your only a few thousand miles/kilometres away from replacement anyway, LEAVEITSTOCK excepted of course.
The nail in a D214 is a blessing if it's in the front as that wear's first quite quickly and your better off with a modern tyre.
If you have to replace a rear, many here recommend the 55 profile if you want a faster turn in. The 55 is now quite a common size over the older 50 on a few bikes today.
I think you could get a softer vertical ride with the 55, as higher profile tyres generally are better for comfort on choppy road surfaces.

Rob.
I did order a 55! But it is a 180 and a Shinko Raven. So the twit suspicions will probably continue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts