GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It reads 100MPH but I'm actually going 90. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame on me for not properly searching! Bad Tom, Bad! No soup for you!

Thanks, Landy.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,888 Posts
It reads 100MPH but I'm actually going 90. Anyone else have this problem?
Looking at the list of bikes you have had and therefore the experience you have gained I'm amazed at the question.
Perhaps you have acquired a SatNav for the first time.;););)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never noticed the others off as bad as this one.

·
Registered
863 Posts
It drives me nuts. A Speedo DRD, model U1 may fix the problem but its not a plug and play solution like the DRD is for most other bikes. It works like a charm on my V-Strom. I may bite the bullet here pretty soon. No excuse for it really.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are built to overhead. Mine is 114 indicated for 110 actual speed. Less tickets if you follow the speedo!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its law in most countries that speedos do not underread , so to cover themselves for someone putting on different sized tyres or whatever, all vehicle manufacturers make the speedo overread.
Consensus for the GSX S seems to be 6%, although some of the figures stated here don't tally with that.
I once had a ninja 250 speedo that read 100 when my actual speed was only 83, it took me a while to work out why I always had traffic banked up behind me.
Once you work out what how much the difference is it's not really a big deal, I just mentally add it on (and the police tolerance) to the speed limit and go that fast instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts