GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting annoyed with all the Gsx-s to Gsxr comparisons.

Yes suzuki marketed the Gsxs as being the k5 but we all now know it is not.The internals are all different as the power delivery and torque curve are tuned for a naked bike not a balls to the wall race bike.

The Gsxs is a bike most of us have bought and are happy with our choice.
Those who have bought it and say " oh its not as good as the K5 " guess what you are right but you wouldnt buy a beer and compare it on merit to a glass of wine would you???

Those who ask " Can you fit Gsxr parts to it? " If you want a gixxer go and bloody buy one there are lots out there.

Just my tuppence
rant over

·
Registered
78 Posts

Yes suzuki marketed the Gsxs as being the k5 but we all now know it is not.The internals are all different as the power delivery and torque curve are tuned for a naked bike not a balls to the wall race bike.

Those who have bought it and say " oh its not as good as the K5 " guess what you are right but you wouldnt buy a beer and compare it on merit to a glass of wine would you???

Those who ask " Can you fit Gsxr parts to it? " If you want a gixxer go and bloody buy one there are lots out there.

Just my tuppence
rant over
Dont get annoyed lol. Must admit I am suprised at the guys who say the gsxs has snatchy throttle Ive ridden 3 including my own and all felt fine. Thats my rant...NO SNATCHTY THROTTLE !

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont get annoyed lol. Must admit I am suprised at the guys who say the gsxs has snatchy throttle Ive ridden 3 including my own and all felt fine. Thats my rant...NO SNATCHTY THROTTLE !
Mine was a bit on/off but you could ride round it.
Pcv with custom map SET valve bypass and o2 eliminator and happy days to me its a rocket ship that never fails to impress.
Mighty big pisser that winter is here in Scotland and it aint my type of riding weather. Roll on MARCH >:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mighty big pisser that winter is here in Scotland and it aint my type of riding weather. Roll on MARCH >:D
I know that feel. It's -10 degrees here and roads are covered in salt so I'm definitely not riding until March if not April.

Bike is all winterized. Sitting on stands, chain freshly lubed, fresh tank of gas, battery taken out and put it on a trickle charger once in a while.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike is all winterized. Sitting on stands, chain freshly lubed, fresh tank of gas, battery taken out and put it on a trickle charger once in a while.
Snap :)

·
Registered
538 Posts

Just my tuppence
rant over
If suzuki advertise as so why do think people won't compare it? Sounds like a stupid question/rant to me

The throttle IS snatchy on some bikes, if yours isn't good for you...
I've ridden 3, one was terrible, one a bit snatchy and the other was silk smooth.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
when i first had mine it was a tad snatchy but nothing i could not handle , had the new ecu and a lot better, funnily though it still is a tiny bit snatchy at low revs but is pulling harder all the way to the top very weird lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts