GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to attempt changing the throttle tube to see if it stops the snatchy throttle. Can someone confirm that this is the correct one before I buy? £23.84 on eBay unless you know of a place that’s cheaper 😬 imbedded link ➡ 57110-07L00-000.

thank in advance people , much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's the part # for the 2019+ GSX / 2020 Katana, yes. Same as I ordered.

Reactions: Dayrider

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gixxus_Lou

just realised it’s about 1 month for delivery 😩 I really don’t want to wait that long, anyone else know where I can buy one from that’s quicker delivery , preferably in the ( uk )

cheers

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think most of the genuine parts are coming directly from Suzuki and it's all really slow. I ordered a couple of tools and it took many weeks. Unless your dealer has one laying about it's going to be a wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think most of the genuine parts are coming directly from Suzuki and it's all really slow. I ordered a couple of tools and it took many weeks. Unless your dealer has one laying about it's going to be a wait.
God **** it , I’m impatient to get it 😂.

looks like I’m going to be ring up a local Suzuki dealer and seeing what’s what.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got mine at the Suzuki dealer as I recall. They had to order it in but it was only a few days.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It will make it better, but it won't cure it. I had fitted it on a 2016 stock setup (you can say it's snatchy as ****) and there is a little improvement, better than was before. Had ordered it from a Suzuki dealer last year.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I got the same part from Fowlers in May £22.38. I cannot tell any difference between it and my 2015 original. :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got the same part from Fowlers in May £22.38. I cannot tell any difference between it and my 2015 original. :(
Not sure if mine came with extra snake oil, or if my adjustment of the throttle cables was a factor but it did help a bit with mine. Not perfect but definitely better.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed mine over the winter so waited months before actually riding it but I'd say it improved mine a bit as well. I don't think about it at all now so that's proof right there … or muscle memory has adjusted to it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look what turned up today, only ordered it yesterday, wasn’t supposed to come till Monday 😃 woohoo !

I will be fitting it strait after the gym because gyms all reopen today 💪 today is a good day 😎

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
no difference what so ever? 🙁
I should say that I never had a big problem with the throttle. The reason I changed it was because I was replacing my Oxford Hot Grips and thought while I was at it I would see if all the talk was true. I was expecting a difference in the initial throttle opening like when maneuvering in traffic, but could detect no change. Also getting back on the gas after the apex of a bend is no different but then that is down to the "fuel cut" issue. None of this has ever been a big issue for me and I've never felt the need to re-flash the ECU my PCV does the job for me. Perhaps I am just not sensitive enough to detect the differences or maybe I am that good a rider that it doesn't affect me. ;)

I would take this opportunity to bring to attention a problem with the battery draining when I replaced the hot grips.
It took a long while to find the cause and I just thought the battery was dead after 5 years. I bought a new one and thought all was well, but no. After disconnecting accessory GPS and USB leads the problem was still there so I took the grips connection off and all was well. What it turned out to be was that I had connected the grips to the existing mains lead and controller. It was not until I replaced them with the new ones that the problem was solved. Now anyone who has used Oxford grips knows that it is impossible to connect them wrongly so perhaps something changed in the design?
I am no electrician so have no clue as to what was going on. The battery drain was rapid, like it would go down in a few hours but the grips still worked when riding.:confused: Anyway the old battery is still on the bike and I have the new one as a standby. The moral being - don't do half a job change the lot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I changed mine back to the original because the snatchiness improvement was minimal and I found that I had to crank the throttle over further to go full throttle, so I had to reposition my hand everytime I intended to go for a burst of full throttle. Awkward for me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My experience as well, I got the throttle tamer, a 4x more costly solution. Initially I was stoked but once I got used to it I found it just made the experience dull. The katana tube/tamer doesn't make it impossible to get "snatch" it does not make up for poor throttle control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I changed mine back to the original because the snatchiness improvement was minimal and I found that I had to crank the throttle over further to go full throttle, so I had to reposition my hand everytime I intended to go for a burst of full throttle. Awkward for me.
My experience as well, I got the throttle tamer, a 4x more costly solution. Initially I was stoked but once I got used to it I found it just made the experience dull. The katana tube/tamer doesn't make it impossible to get "snatch" it does not make up for poor throttle control.

I actually have got used to the sensitive throttle and quite like it, but it’s one of those things, if this katana tube makes it just the bit better then it is at right now then it’s worth the small amount of money to try, going to fit it today and test it as the weather seems to be ok today 👍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts