GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My answer is a definate YES! I never owned anything else that accelerates as hard as the Gixxes, not even close and I have not gone beyond 6500 rpm's during the break in haha. I can already feel the ridiculous pull this thing has as the tach nears 7k.

Can't wait until the break in is completed :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Absolutely. I would say (remarkably) it's comparable to the GSX-R600 - that machine has scary power above 8K. (Don't own but occasionally ride my son's Gixxer. That's the reason I have this bike...the power is addicting.) The S1000 should have a little more, but like you, still breaking in so I haven't had it much above 7K yet.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yes for me. It's my first liter bike. I've owned lots of bikes, but I've never been a fan of full on race oriented bikes. I've ridden a V-Strom 1000, but it didn't have the smoothness, quick throttle response, or slightly more aggressive position of the GSX-S1000. I own the F and I just don't think there are a lot of bikes in that category, maybe the new Ducati SS, and ??? I'm sure there are others, but the GSX-S1000F is a strange mix, that totally fits what I want out of a bike, and the smooth acceleration is one of those things (it's intoxicating). It just checks all the boxes. I was ridding tonight in winds 43 mph gusting to 53, (no lie - a friend offered to give me a ride home sans bike), but the bike handled it fine, and aside from the extra helmet noise when up to speed, it was a pretty comfortable ride.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes for me. It's my first liter bike. I've owned lots of bikes, but I've never been a fan of full on race oriented bikes. I've ridden a V-Strom 1000, but it didn't have the smoothness, quick throttle response, or slightly more aggressive position of the GSX-S1000. I own the F and I just don't think there are a lot of bikes in that category, maybe the new Ducati SS, and ??? I'm sure there are others, but the GSX-S1000F is a strange mix, that totally fits what I want out of a bike, and the smooth acceleration is one of those things (it's intoxicating). It just checks all the boxes. I was riding tonight in winds 43 mph gusting to 53, (no lie - a friend offered to give me a ride home sans bike), but the bike handled it fine, and aside from the extra helmet noise when up to speed, it was a pretty comfortable ride.
My V-strom 1000 feels sluggish in comparison, but actually the turn-in is a little easier, and has very good wind protection with the adds I've done. (I used to ride with the face shield up until I got a big bug between my temple and the helmet, clawing and scratching at my skin. Fortunately I was able to keep my composure and gradually pull to the side of the road.) Before I got the Gixxus, I was also looking at Ninja 1000 and FJ09.

I was riding in some pretty serious gusts the other day and the bike did fine although at times it felt like the wind would blow me off the bike. It helped to tuck in and reduce the sail effect.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, actually. The opposite for me.
All of my bikes have been over 1200cc's except for this one
However, none of them were this light, or handled as well

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nope...its probably number 2. I do love this bike though, great all around machine. :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't think there is a better value for performance when it comes to litter bikes at the moment. This bike can be had for just over 8 grand. If you acknowledge that the whole may be greater than the sum of the parts, this might be the best liter naked out there right now. All the fancy bits on the BMW naked have not resulted in a hands-down superior bike. It just shows that what makes a great bike is usually power and handling which the GSX has in excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
for speed, probably number 3 or 4 for me

as far as handling and comfort, this bike wins by far ! After dialing in the suspension, it feels smooth like a babies ass ! Once you tighten the throttle the jerkiness is gone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Coming from a Hayabusa so this bike feels a little slow, but its a lot more comfortable and its exactly what i was looking for at this time in my life..

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's the fastest bike I've owned, my previous bike was a GSX-R600 and the GSXS is faster, and surprisingly gets better fuel economy too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2nd Liter class bike I have owned, and it pulls harder in the mid range than my 2000 R1 did. Much better seat and ergos than the R1 also.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was gonna say 'definitely', but then remembered I had a 2001 Triumph Sprint 955 triple for a short time. That bike was long and top heavy and felt awkward, so I didn't keep it long and didn't feel comfortable wringing it out as much.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For me no. My previous bīke was a cbr1000rr 2010. But it was a different type of bike and I enjoy the gsxs much more at this point in my life.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a 2005 Blade a few years back and that had a much higher top speed, but the GSXS would match it in every other way and frankly it's crazy to have a road bike that can do 170+ mph.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
That's exactly why I think this bike is so special it may not have the highest top end but it accelerates like crazy.... and isn't that what motorcycles are mostly about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats what its about for me...its a naked street bike...nice to have all your power where you ride all the time....I dont dress in leathers and tell people my bike can do 180 mph...who gives a rats xss.....but do like a strong pull to 120 130 mph from time to time without having to rev the crap out of it.....did install a racing screen changed the ride of the bike for the better........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts