GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a pothole last week that clacked my teeth together, and my front rim is bent on both sides. I know that a bent rim can be heated and bent back into shape, but if I'd be more comfortable with a structurally undamaged rim. If any of y'all have put aftermarket/carbon wheels on your bikes and have your OEM wheels laying around then I'd like to have one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hit a pothole last week that clacked my teeth together, and my front rim is bent on both sides. I know that a bent rim can be heated and bent back into shape, but if I'd be more comfortable with a structurally undamaged rim. If any of y'all have put aftermarket/carbon wheels on your bikes and have your OEM wheels laying around then I'd like to have one.
Good luck I hit a chunk of cinderblocks and put a small dent in one side of mine so far I have yet to find a used/ salvage one anywhere in USA. Suzuki wants over 800 usd for a new one. Mine is not noticable really sounds like you have more damage. If you find more than one let me know I'll take the other one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was involved in a hit and run incident a year ago resulting both rims being bent. I replaced the through bikebandet.com 1000 and free shipping for both. check them out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts