GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new on forum and hoping to get some help from you:)
After selling my GSX-R L3 I bought a new GSX-S 1000 in black, and so far I am super pleased with bike, it thick all the boxes for me, I would compare it with S1000R I had in 2016, but even better suiting my needs.

Anyway, a place for improvement are brakes, dont like the feel and power of stock brakes, so I purchased Brembo RCS19 master cylinder which I install on every bike I have.
Plan was to install new master cylinder and steel braided hoses (bypass ABS on front brakes), but I run into an big issue, Brembo master cylinder does not fit the same as OEM one.

As Suzuki have changed ride by wire on new model, it has a massive bulky start switch... so when I tried to install Brembo master cylinder, brake lever was too close, or even touching start switch casing... obviously it cant work properly inn this case, and I am looking for a solution now.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a RCS on order myself. I screwed up and ordered the RCS17. The place in Italy says no problem to change it to RCS19 but my order has not been updated. I have 2016 so no install issues. If the m/c doesn't work out for you may I suggest a set of SBS 841RST pads. Strong initial bite and very progressive. They are sintered race brakes that have a wide temp range. No warm up needed to get huge braking power. I have a set of RS pads on my bike and they have 9k on them. They feels just as good as they did new. I already purchased a set of the new RST pads for when the time comes to replace the RS pads. The RST are an improved version of the RS. I really don't what they could have improved as the RS pads are so good. You will still have the wonky stock m/c, but you will have MASSIVE braking power at your fingertips. Huge improvement over the stock pads. I have EBC HH pads on my other bike. IMHO opinion the SBS pads are far superior. I am ordering a RCS m/c strictly for better modulation. I have all the power i need now from the pads alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for suggestions and help.
Well, as I am not happy with the brakes, I was planning to do it all at once and properly, including hoses, m/c and pads.
I was even thinking to replace Start switch with domino one, but its not going to work as ride by wire is in same casing, and its really big.
I like Brembo m/c, had it on all bikes, night and day difference comparing to stock item, honestly, when you take a look at GSX-S m/c, it looks like it has been sitting somewhere in Suzuki warehouse for last 30 years:LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I am really surprised with that!
Start switch is the same but much more space between brake lever and switch...
I will have to check that once again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts